Small Cyst Cat Eye

Black&White

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,
My cat has a couple of very small what looks like cysts near her eye. Does anyone know what these might be?
Thank you!
IMG_2750.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Black&White

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just realized those are very hard to see, sorry about that, I will try to take another photo...

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you are talking about the little inflamed lump near your finger, it looks like a blackhead or ingrown hair to me.

When did you first notice it? If it grows in size, then it might be something more serious. Can't hurt to have a vet look either way. Best of luck!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Yeah, another pic might help! They could be cysts, blocked pores, even warts. Are they hard or soft, moveable or stationary? Does she sometimes have watery, teary eyes (could cause pore issues)? How old is she?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Black&White

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your reply, she is about 12, she doesn't have watery eyes at all, and they don't appear to be growing but they seem to be hard...

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just watch them to make sure they don't grow any, and have the vet check them when she is next due for a senior check up - unless they grow in size or multiply, then I would have them checked sooner. Feeby (16+yo) has had warts (2-3) for a few years now but on her back & side; they are hard and have never grown in size - once we realized they were there!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Another reason to watch those is that if they grow, even if they are warts or a benign lesion, they can begin to irritate the cat's eye. My dog, when he was about 12, had to have one removed.