Small Bump Over Cat's Eyebrow Area - What Is It?

Ragnartheprince

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi All --

I found this small bump over my cat's eyebrow the other day. It isn't hard, it doesn't really feel like anything actually. Is this something serious or is it just a bump/skin tag?

Attachments

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hard to tell what it is without a vet visit. I recommend a visit to get it checked out. It may not be anything, but close to eyes i would rather be safe than sorry. Not an emergency visit i wouldn't think, but i would want to take him in.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I once found a bump above Olive's eye. She ended up being fine, but I highly recommend you don't self-diagnose it. I thought she was infested with botflies (we found a dried up "worm") and we rushed her to the e-Vet. Turned out to be a BB (because people suck :angryfire:) and our "worm" was leftover turkey that had dried out from Thanksgiving. :lol: So I can only imagine what us on the internet would find.

Good luck, hopefully it's nothing to worry about!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ragnartheprince

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My girlfriend, Ragnar (my cat) and I did just move to a new home and it may just be a bump from moving. He was aggressively trying to break out of the safe room we have for him. This photo is from two months ago and he had the same spot though. Guess I never noticed

Attachments

Ragnartheprince

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Behavior is normal and touching it doesn't bother him

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
If he is acting fine and it doesn't bother him, sounds like you can have it looked at for the next vet visit, or schedule one for your own piece of mind. What a beauty, though!

Ragnartheprince

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Haven't got a chance to find a vet in the new area yet but this is what the bump now looks like

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully you can get the little guy in for a vet check soon! hopefully its not a big deal. :crossfingers:

Black Cat sam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi All --

I found this small bump over my cat's eyebrow the other day. It isn't hard, it doesn't really feel like anything actually. Is this something serious or is it just a bump/skin tag?
My cat has this exact same bump just now did you ever find out what this was? Im so worried omg :((

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
OP has not been around in over three years so you will probably not get a reply. You are welcome to start your own thread if that would be helpful. There can be a lot of reasons for small bumps or sores; however, the advice in this thread was accurate. If this does not appear to be a simple scab from something easily explained like a tussle with another cat or a bump, it is best to have the vet look at it. I don't recommend that you try opening it or investigating on your own.