Small Brown Bugs

kindersmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My brother in-law just informed me that he found semi-large brown bugs on his cat with almost an appearance to have a wing. I doubt these are fleas or they are fleas that Ive never seen. Though we live in the same apartment I do keep my cat separate from his to avoid such things plus the cats don't get along. They do however run though the same parts of the apartment at separate times during the day. He says these bug have been on his cat for about a week now and thankfully my cat has no evidence of any bugs. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas what this bug may be, he says they are bigger than a flea, round with "wings" but I have not seen them to make that an accurate statement.

KindersMom

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kindersmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My brother said they were moving around and he saw at least 5 -10 throughout the cats back! (creepy)

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fleas can be brown, but they do not have wings. My suggestion is to take the cat to the vet to identify the bugs IF they have wings. If they don't have wings then flea treat the cat safely. Advantage or Frontline will work