Sleepwalking....

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never actually got out of bed in my sleep.....at least I hope not.

But I do talk in my sleep all the time. I must get that from my mom...she talks in her sleep alot too.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've walked and talked in my sleep on and off all my life. Usually when I'm under stress. The worst though was when I was taking care of my mom. I was reading one of the "Clan of the Cave Bear" series books where they had to skin animals for fur and meat. Mom finally yelled at me to wake up and I found myself standing above her with a butter knife! I bawled when I finally realized what was going on, but she just laughed! She was used to me doing weird things like that. I used to answer the phone in her room and have full conversations with no one. One morning my parents found me sitting on the dryer (it wasn't running) talking to an invisible horse running around the laundry room. I still have a guilt complex about the knife thing though. Do I win the prize for the sickest sleepwalker?

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I've walked and talked in my sleep on and off all my life. Usually when I'm under stress. The worst though was when I was taking care of my mom. I was reading one of the "Clan of the Cave Bear" series books where they had to skin animals for fur and meat. Mom finally yelled at me to wake up and I found myself standing above her with a butter knife! I bawled when I finally realized what was going on, but she just laughed! She was used to me doing weird things like that. I used to answer the phone in her room and have full conversations with no one. One morning my parents found me sitting on the dryer (it wasn't running) talking to an invisible horse running around the laundry room. I still have a guilt complex about the knife thing though. Do I win the prize for the sickest sleepwalker?
It was only a butter knife, don't fret. I picked the lock into a flatmates bed room - while she and her BF were sleeping in there.

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mirinae

I also sometimes have night terrors. I'm arachnophobic and will dream of spiders in my room, in my bed, crawling all over me. That will bring me screaming out of bed and stripping the covers off, desperately searching for the spiders. I usually wake up when J asks me what the heck is wrong -- I very rarely wake myself up, even though I'm screaming and flailing about. I think that scares J even more than the "regular" weird stuff I do at night.
I do this too! I'm extremely arachnophobic and will jump up in the same flailing/ripping off the sheets/screaming at the spiders mode. We are all freaks here I've decided.