sleepless with kitten ringworms

catmom110

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Karen - I'm not a doctor, but from what you discribed, it does not sound like ringworm to me at all. Sounds more like flea bites and or bedbugs - but let's not get into that! Lol - ringworm for sure on humans has a round ring and you shouldn't have any doubt if you indeed have it by now or not. My incubation period was a little under 2 weeks when I first brought Jonah and Jacob home. And then boom! And it itches! If you can get yourself to a dermatologist to confirm that would be good. If its not ringworm, antifungal cream will do nothing, but it won't hurt you. Just make sure you and milo have a proper diagnosis because whatever it is it needs to be treated properly! My best -

catmom110

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How long do you have milo now? And how long has it been since he's been treated and what again was he treated with and how many times? Is he still in isolation and if so how long has it been? Did he have a culture for ringworm? Was it a 10 or 21 day culture? Any oral antifungal meds or just topical, baths? Dips? Rechecks by the vet? My kittens had many fleas and were rescued from the street and were in very very poor condition. They were taken to the no kill shelter and treated with a few sulphur/Lyme dips that obviously didn't work or they got reinfected somehow while in the shelter. But fleas can cause many problems on a young kitten who's immune system is immature. If you're not happy with the vet and you can find another one, maybe it's a good idea to get a second opinion.