Sleeping Problems?

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any problems sleeping, when I go to sleep I usually fall asleep within the first 10 to 15 minutes.

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sweets

I checked OTHER cause I fall asleep almost as soon as my head hits the pillow, but I can't stay asleep. I'll wake up every few hours. I've learned to get up and walk around the house, then go back to bed. Some nights its every 2 hours, some nights its only once a night. Then I have the nights when my brain just won't shut off!
Thats usually about 3 or 4AM.

It doesn't help that my husband is really stressed out and tosses a lot. Chloe, being a kitten, is also pretty restless at night and wakes me up. My mom has sleep apnea and until recently never got a good night's sleep. I hope that's something I won't have to worry about.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have been an insomniac since I was a teenager. I have very rare moments when I do fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow, but most of the time, I am just lying there waiting. My midn races all the time, I think and think and think and thats all I ever do. But sometimes it does help me to fantasise about some things as it is generally calming. I do sometimes take melatonin, but not very often.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I fall asleep O.K. but I wake several times a night and and up for 30 mins to a hour at least twice per night.
Very rarely do I sleep the entire night through. I think I'd do a little dance if I did.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If Bill starts snoring, before I fall asleep, there's no way that I can sleep. A couple of weeks ago, I bought a bed and put it in my computer room. So far, I've only had to sleep in here, 4 nights.

Most nights, I have to get up and go to the bathroom and can get back to sleep (unless Bill is snoring).

If I have trouble sleeping, I take melatonin. It works within 1/2 hr and I don't get a sleeping-pill "hangover". My only noticeable side effect is weird dreams - not BAD ones, just WEIRD.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to always have alot of trouble falling asleep. I don't anymore because I've been taking sleeping pills (not good to do, I know) for a long time and they work like a charm.
I would not resort to this though if you don't have to, but I was desperate and was doing everything right before, even exercising almost daily and it didn't help, my brain just keeps on going. I have trouble relaxing, but these really relax me so I sleep. But like other's have said I have some crazy dreams, some violent and some just weird!
I just bought some Melatonin on Friday and have tried that so far once and it seemed to relax me too, so I hope that continues to help. Good luck!

P.S. I also have a little boy (Sash) who loves to awaken me every two hours and that doesn't help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Ari do you stress about things much?, or go to bed thinking about whats happend that day or thinking about things to do the next day?.

People tell me i'm very laid back but it's because i try and not let things stress me if i can help it.
I definitely stress and think too much. If it's something I need to remember for the next day I'll try to write it down on a notepad. I do stress a lot.. but a lot of times it's nonsense stuff. The other night I was up for a half hour thinking about the difference between looking at yourself in a mirror and looking at a photograph of yourself.. and what your face really looks at. Don't ask me why... or what my conclusion was!

This has just been something I've been dealing with since I can remember... when I was in high school I could never sleep or I would wake up in the middle of the night and wander the house. And it gets old, ya know?

As for sleeping pills... I tried them, they never really worked. Plus I never wanted to get addicted. I was interested in trying some natural remedies... but I would worry about getting dependant on them also. Granted if it's just natural stuff I'd be less concerned... but I'd want to hear positive reviews first before I dropped some money on something that ended up being junk!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm well i go to bed when im tired
or when i have a headache But i wake up several times during the night to make sure i havent squished my cat and making sure where he is. Or simply just to push my bf back to his side of the bed with out me falling out and sleeping on the floor

I chose "other"