sleep

nenners

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm a poster child of sleep problems. I try to get at least 6-7 hrs of sleep a night. It is soooo important that you get yourself on to a sleep schedule. This is gonna sound crazy but I had a problem called sleep paralysis. I used to be a "night" person. I would stay up late and have to get up to go to school or work. It came back to haunt me. In sleep paralysis, you fall asleep so fast that your brain still thinks its awake. You start to dream, but you actually think it's reality! Your awake but you can't move. Paralysis during sleep is normal. It protects you from "acting" out your dreams. When You have SP (for short) you hallucinate things! I often saw people in my room, heard voices. I could feel things too (like if one of the imaginary people touched me). It is very scary and their isn't a whole lot you can do about it because your paralysed!
Get at least 7 hrs of sleep and go to bed at the same time each night. Don't do things like read in bed or watch T.V. ect. It throws your brain off from thinking bed is for sleep. If you can't sleep get out of bed! If you try to make yourself sleep you'll only agonize about it. Get up and go read a really boring book. Don't watch T.V. because the light from the tube stimulates you to stay up. If all else fails, see a sleep therapist.