Sleep well Tux

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Today we had to put my sweet cat tux to sleep. He was diagnosed with possible FIP and kidney failure. Only 25% of his kidneys were functioning and he stopped eating and drinking a few days ago. He was four years old.

The Cat Hospital here is excellent. We brought him in and they let us stay in a comfortable room with him, with the lights low and a little fountian. It was a very nice atmosphere. They used a sedative first, and then, while I held him in my lap and arms, they put him to sleep. It was so peaceful, and so much nicer then the last time I had to put a cat to sleep.

I got him when he was six months old. We put my cat Cleo to sleep and it took for ever for me to convince my mom to let me get another cat. I saw him, and knew instantly, he would be comming home with me. He would go into parts of the house by himself, and sit there and meow, till we reminded him where we were; like he got lost. He insisted on being in the bathroom with you, in the kitchen with you, on the back porch while my room mate smoked. . . He slept on my moms pillow. I am going to miss him terribly, but I know he feels so much better now.

Sleep well my love, and tell Cleo I said Hello.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry....FIP is no way to let a kitty die. You did the kindest thing possible for Tux & he is now watching over the Rainbow Bridge...

dez

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. May Tux rest in peace and may you find peace yourself.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry - FIP is what Smudge I had, and it's a terrible, terrible disease. RIP Tux, you were beautiful, and you were very lucky to have such a caring family. Watch over them from the Bridge until you meet again.

lizsto1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am glad you found the cat hospital. They really do show much caring and love for cats.

I told you before that I was proud of you with your nursing. I am also very proud of you for your caring and love of animals. Maybe that is what you should go to school for?

Thank you everyone for your kind words and prayers.

Sleep well my fat boy Tux! I will miss you!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Condolences on your sad loss of Tux! What a character he was - he left you some great photographs to bring back wonderful memories. Tux and Tiger have crossed Rainbow Bridge on the same day - they go to join the rest of our TCS kitties on the other side. FIP is a true curse to any cat - you did the best thing possible for Tux and cat lovers everywhere thank you for having the courage to do the right thing.