Slaves to our kitties!

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As some of you might now I just finished building a cat tree for my two cats Lucky (almost 8mos) and Rambo (almost 3mos).

Well the thing is Lucky is a little too small (or maybe a little afraid) of jumping up onto the top perch, but she really wants to be up there. So she puts her front paws on it and meows...and I will get up and gave her a boost onto the perch. My friend saw this last night just started laughing and told me I was a slave to my cats!

So i was wondering if people would share their "slave to our furbabies" stories...just so I know I'm not alone out there!!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You might be a Cat Slave If...

You design & build your furbabies cat tree.

Your cats have more toys than your children.

Your cats have taken over your bed.

Any more ideas fellow cat slaves?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You mean theres someone out there who isn't a slave to their cat?!

If my two are lying on my lap and i need to go to the bathroom i won't move because i'd have to disturb them

Their tree is brilliant!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're a slave to your cats if....
You wake up from a nice slumber to go looking for one of your cats because she has not been walking all over your bed as she normally does (I did that last night. I hadn't noticed Cosette on the bed all night, so I spent about 10 minutes walking around the apt. at 2am this morning, calling for her. Turns out she just wanted to sleep in the bathtub last night instead
)

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

If my two are lying on my lap and i need to go to the bathroom i won't move because i'd have to disturb them
Oh how fun would that be to have Rosie and Sophie lying on my lap. Susan, I'm so jealous!!! I wouldn't get up to use the restroom either!!!!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Been there...done that.

Originally Posted by ugaimes

You wake up from a nice slumber to go looking for one of your cats because she has not been walking all over your bed as she normally does (I did that last night. I hadn't noticed Cosette on the bed all night, so I spent about 10 minutes walking around the apt. at 2am this morning, calling for her. Turns out she just wanted to sleep in the bathtub last night instead
)

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Their tree is brilliant!
So true, Susan!!!
So many times I have had to ask BF to get me something cuz Lovey was asleep on me and I didn't want to move him.
The funny thing is by the time BF gets back, Lovey has moved to another fave sleeping spot and I just
and

I also heat up Lovey's food which my friends think is just ridiculous...

dancemuse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey Renny, what a great cat tree!

In a similar vein to everyone else's posts: My cats often fall asleep on top of me or in some other position that makes it hard for me to sleep or move. I'll complain to my boyfriend that I can't sleep or stretch out, and he'll say, "so move him/her!" Inevitably, my response is "oh no, s/he looks too cute!"

I also spend way too much money on the cats. But I always have a good reason...

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You kneel by the computer to use the keyboard 'cause you don't want to disturb the cat that's sleeping in your computer chair.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just got a visual of you kneeling by your keyboard while your cat sleeps on your chair. That is really funny.

Originally Posted by RoseHawke

You kneel by the computer to use the keyboard 'cause you don't want to disturb the cat that's sleeping in your computer chair.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Their tree is brilliant!
Thanks rosiemac...that was last weekends handy woman (
) project.

With me...lucky will jump up on my lap when i'm in the bathroom....and she gets all comfortable and I just don't want to move her. If i'm not careful i could start spending hours in there!

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

)
I've done that! Rambo was sleeping behind the couch. I looked in every nook and cranny of my apartment at about 3am and couldn't find him. And when i had him over at my friends house he disappeared and the whole dinner party came to a halt and 7 people scoured the building only to find him asleep in the drawer.

I think being a slave to a kitten is contagious!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Oh how fun would that be to have Rosie and Sophie lying on my lap. Susan, I'm so jealous!!! I wouldn't get up to use the restroom either!!!!
It's mainly Sophie who lies on my lap, but sometimes Rosie jumps on board and only gets the top of my legs because Sophie's hogging the rest of me

But the two of them together are quite heavy

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That cat tree is AMAZING!!!! I think my Meish would love one. She HAS to be eye level with people...

Great job making that... it only took one weekend??? WOW. How much did it cost for all the supplies if you don't mind me asking? (you could always just PM the info to me lol)

Okay - You are a slave to your cat if you brush your cats fur more than your own hair.

twofatcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You might be a slave to your cats if your dinner gets cold because just as you sit down, one of your cats starts loudly protesting that none of the litterboxes are clean enough to suit him and he's GOTTA GO! Every speck of soiled litter must be removed! So, of couse, you go clean the boxes.

Great cat tree. Wish it were in my house!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pearl has just recently become a lap cat, so if she is in my lap or cuddled up next to me, I will stay where I am. I slept on the couch 2 nights in a row because I did not want to discourage her to come cuddle with me.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ali012281

That cat tree is AMAZING!!!! I think my Meish would love one. She HAS to be eye level with people...

Great job making that... it only took one weekend??? WOW. How much did it cost for all the supplies if you don't mind me asking? (you could always just PM the info to me lol)

Okay - You are a slave to your cat if you brush your cats fur more than your own hair.
Thanks...i posted all the info and my progress making the tree on this thread: http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49950 in Care & Grooming. It ended up costing me less then $60 CDN since i had friends who had just ripped up the carpet and had some carpentry no-how and tools. I figured I saved at least $150 by making it myself. The cats love it, though i found them both sleeping beside it yesterday!

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont even know where to begin, Conner owns me, owns me I tell you!!LOL

Your a slave to your cats if when they meow incessantly you are scrambling trying to figure out what in the heck they need/want, just to find out that they probably just do it to remind themselves of the control they have over you and get a good laugh.

I have also woken up in the middle of the night to find Conner and make him come cuddle with me, because sometimes I cant sleep with out him cuddling me,, I guess I dont mind waking up with a paw in my mouth so much as I thought!

When you stop doing everything and pause your day just because your cutie-pie is snuggling with you and you never want it to stop.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great tree!!!

You're a slave if...

Cindy will come when called to a meal, provided she's upstairs. If she's downstairs on her chair, she waits for me to come get her (I have this strange fear that her sisters won't leave any food for her -- and she knows it!) and carry her up to her food dish -- whereupon, she tucks right in.

In the warm weather, the kitchen door is open, and the window on the outer aluminum door is open. It's great for cats coming and going, but if there's a human within twenty-five feet, they are instantly incapable of the 15-inch jump necessary to go in or out the window.