Skylark's Kittens (Pics)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yep - looked with the vet and our best guess is three boys and one girl. Can't tell though for sure. My friend and I looked yesterday and couldn't really tell either. Maybe they are all one sex so we can't tell a difference.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agree with you Sam. If you have a calico or tortie or know enough basic genetics you can at least sex ONE kitten and use it for a comparison.

Sometimes its hard to tell. For me, I would sex them at birth or within the first week. If you wait longer, then you have to wait till after 8 weeks to really tell.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are Egyptian Maus (silver). Maus only come in 3 colors - silver, smoke, or bronze. Personally I like the silver or bronze better as you can't see the contrast of spots very well on a smoke.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I prefer silvers and smokes. The bronzes to me look too much like a variety of other breeds. The smokes are stunning in the right light, but I like my silvers! I can't believe how many compliments I get on them by visitors to my house.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well we do agree on the silvers

Maybe one day I'll either have a silver Oci or a lavender-silver. Hubby just doesn't know that yet.....lol