Top Cat
Purraise
I think the only girl is Runts, hard to tell - not your fault I know

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL I thought that also but not sure.. Drives me nuts.. like 3 have things like on the side like males do.. 2 are just like butt and another hole. hmmm..

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay. I'm pretty good at this, usually. But, I've been wrong before in sexing kittens, so here it goes:

Runts- girl
Dots- boy
Spot- boy
Lazy kitten- ??????????????? LOL
Kiss- boy
Precious- girl
Blue Twin #2- boy

So, I'm thinking there are 2 females, 1 unknown, and 4 males. Precious is a cutie-pie!!! Actually, they all are...I'm impartial to Runts too. The girlie kittens are cute, and well, girlie!!!! Keep a male though...once they're neutered, they become your BEST FRIENDS!!!! Neutered males are so snuggly and lovey.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom was here today and she is in total love but said if I plan to keep them it is ok I deserve them
She said she will even still help with the spay/neuter
I am not to sure... Everyone talks about the orange in cats.. What does it mean, I know Lazy has orange streaks....Very light

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Orange is often said to be linked to a fiery temperment...which calicos and tortis(female orange cats do happen but more common in males and calicos/torti is sex linked and VERY often female or a sterile male) I don't see much in my orange boys but my calicos/tortis are definatley the moody at times cats more often then my others...A side note I also notice my tortis tend to be more mothering then my other females(all spayed). RJ

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL LOL WHY you dont want to do this all again
you know I'm kidding
RJ

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz

Everyone talks about the orange in cats.. What does it mean, I know Lazy has orange streaks....Very light
Because if you have three colors in a kitty- like brown, orange and white, or orange and any color besides white, you almost for sure have a girl on your hands.. Very very rare for a male to be a calico or tortie- and if you do he is probably sterile due to chromosome problem. However a totally orange or a orange and white cat can be either sex, though males are more common. When I was trying to rescue Cookie and Suzie, (long story from this fall) I could tell Suzie was a girl w/out checking because of her coloring. (Brown tabby with orange areas and an orange nose). I guessed Cookie was a boy, but wasn't completely sure until I had a little feel under there. They were a bit older than your kittens though, they were about 12 weeks.
So it kinda sounds like Lazy is girl then. So maybe you have three girls and four boys.

junior67

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is funny most orange or orange and white cats are boys as I have an orange girl and an orange and white girl. LOL

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok I think I got it maybe lol...

Junior post a picture on Orange babies here

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well maybe I should amend that.. I think the actual ratio is like 75 % male.. I can think of a couple female orangies on this site, dawnofsierra's sierra, and beckiboo had a orange foster mom for awhile. I find cat genetics kind of interesting. For example, Rocky's mom was a dilute calico with a tux pattern.. so I know he carries the orange gene somewhere in there.. not that he can be a daddy now.

jayme&jackson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Awww, they are all precious!

Are you keeping the runt? Watch out - Harley was the runt, and we thought he'd be small and tiny -boy were we wrong - he turned out to be a 10lb monster!

Skittles seems like such a great momma - we all knew she would be tho!

Keep the pictures coming, I love them all!
Just wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Harley...We have the same brithdays!!!
What a sweet babes!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do love girls but I am having a hard time with letting these ones go... I will get all fixed but my house was so empty..

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I missed the pregnancy and delivery of Skittles. Tried to read old threads, but I couldn't get them to come up. Do I understand that she actually delivered 13? Were the other 6 stillborn?

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yep she did... She was so good. It will be 2 weeks tommorrow.. They are growing up fast...

babygirl32744

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
omg i just noticed that it said she had 13 kittens omg great job to her for that, thats alot lol congrats!!!!

junior67

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Jenny---- My orange girls are older now. my full orange girl (well has a white bib) is about 6 I think now. and my orange and white is Angel and she is 2.
And you have seen LOTS of pictures of her. LOL

wow 2 weeks tomorrow, or wait wasn't it Sat? didn't think she had them the same day Angel had her first vet appt.