Skittles had babies....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you very much... I hope she continues on this path... She has been great...

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Momof3rugratz, I have to commend you on such an excellent job you did with the videos, very educational, I had never experienced that before, and I really enjoyed it. Also, I would like to thank you for letting me (and everyone else) be a part of such an awesome experience. You have done an excellent job w/Skittles and her babies!!

Again congratulations,

Keep up the good work!!

The babies are just gorgeous!!

Paulena

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you... I plan to keep all posted on the thread here on the babies and I will post as many pictures as possable

lisab917

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I sit here with tears in my eyes at how sweet you are! Skittles is so very lucky to have you! Nice, soft voice, dark room and she purred the whole time! When Ethel had hers I was in and out, the phone was ringing, workmen were banging...I am surprised that she wasn't scarred for life!

If I ever have a pregnant cat again, and I better not! I am sending her to you!

Did Dr. Clark come to the house to see them or did he see the pictures???

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He came by the house....Didnt I post it... OMG I didnt post it hehehe....

He came by the house Sunday morning just to make sure she was not still contracting.. then we found #13... I swore I typed this same post I guess I forgot to hit enter before I went back to a nap LOL... Lack of sleep was taking its toll on me..

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz

Thank you very much... Now I need to check the sexes out am curiouse LOL...
Funny story: My neice is 4 yrs old and she got a barn kitten and named it Maggie. Maggie was a girl until she was about 6-7 months old... my neice came running up the steps to her mother and said "mommy, mommy, something's wrong with Maggie, she has butt-balls" my sister is like what? And Catie keeps on "no Mommy she has butt-balls near her butt" so finally Jen goes downstairs to inspect, and guess what? Maggie is now finally a boy! So in her amazement and calling the vet my neice is like a sponge eavesdropping on the whole conversation... The next time I call to talk to her she tells me this: "and Aunt Heather guess what? First my Maggie was a girl, and then she growed these butt-balls, and the she was a boy, and then we took her to the kitty dr. and now she don't have no butt-balls no more and she's a girl again!" It is SO funny to hear... and she tells EVERYONE this story, people in line at the grocery store, people at church...everyone!
My sister gets so embarassed...

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is how addicted we are to Skittles and her kittens:

1. We know her Meowmy's name
2. We all know when and what exact times each kitten (live and not) was born
3. We know that Skittles like to con her vet
4. We know her vets name (both)
5. We know that Dr. Clark is a dish
6. We check this thread everyday
7. The only thing we don't know are the kittens' sexes and besides Chubs, what the names of the other kittens are...

You and Skittles are doing great!

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

Funny story: My neice is 4 yrs old and she got a barn kitten and named it Maggie. Maggie was a girl until she was about 6-7 months old... my neice came running up the steps to her mother and said "mommy, mommy, something's wrong with Maggie, she has butt-balls" my sister is like what? And Catie keeps on "no Mommy she has butt-balls near her butt" so finally Jen goes downstairs to inspect, and guess what? Maggie is now finally a boy! So in her amazement and calling the vet my neice is like a sponge eavesdropping on the whole conversation... The next time I call to talk to her she tells me this: "and Aunt Heather guess what? First my Maggie was a girl, and then she growed these butt-balls, and the she was a boy, and then we took her to the kitty dr. and now she don't have no butt-balls no more and she's a girl again!" It is SO funny to hear... and she tells EVERYONE this story, people in line at the grocery store, people at church...everyone!
My sister gets so embarassed...

butt-balls!??!?

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I spit cereal all over my laptop reading so I have to shut down and clean it

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look a kitty pyramid

Yes this is how they sleep
can ya tell the twins are close and for somereason read each others mind.. Always side by side...

marli

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That picture should be published somewhere!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is day 5 and I think #1 is a runt.. All of them are fat and heavy but she isnt.
She looks the same as she did when she was born
I am trying to see if I can figure out how to get Skittles to feed her when they are all asleep but you see how they sleep it is like that are in a pile and #1 is usually on the bottom.. Moms milk is better and I want to try that route first any suggestions anyone.. #1 is the kitty all the way on the right of the pyrmid.. See she is the smallest... She does get shoved out of the way... Skittles does not deny any of them she cleans them all and feeds them to her best. She is great even to the runt...

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, all I can say with my experience is that we did have a runt, and even though she was really small, we noticed her milestones were right on with the others - she was the second to open her eyes, etc. As a matter of fact, at 6 weeks she only weighed 11 ounces!!! I tried to supplement her - she wouldn't take the bottle - so I just made sure that when the other kittens were eating she always had a nipple. We had 8 so I know how it is; they always want the same nipple, LOL!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He said to supplement her but mother's milk is best.... I am going to weight them tonight and if she is still the same or under a little... When I feed Skittles or pet her on my bed I will bring the baby up to her... Skittles leaves them in the closet till night fall where she brings them to me so I have to put them all back several times a night so I now sleep with a box and heating pad on my bed because Skittles doesnt want them to be out of my site unless I walk out of the room and shut the door. At night I even tried to leave the door open to see if she was ok nope she still brought them to me.. I am alseep and she will lay them in front of me and then lay down and nurse... When she is done she cleans them all up and then kisses me all over my forhead... She is such a sweety...