Skinny Kitten

xpiercedgoddess

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My new kitten I got today is 7-8 weeks old and I can feel her ribs on the side but shes normal on her tummy....not round...just normal....could she have worms? I am getting her dewormed on the 29th....just wanna know if it sounds like she has worms...plus someone mentioned that puking up saliva means heartworm....she did that earlier...but only once. I think it was cuz she hadnt eaten for a few hours tho

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xpiercedgoddess

My new kitten I got today is 7-8 weeks old and I can feel her ribs on the side but shes normal on her tummy....not round...just normal....could she have worms? I am getting her dewormed on the 29th....just wanna know if it sounds like she has worms...plus someone mentioned that puking up saliva means heartworm....she did that earlier...but only once. I think it was cuz she hadnt eaten for a few hours tho
take her to the vet. he can verify her age, & check her for common parasites like worms & ear mites. you want her vetted before you have her meet your resident cat(s) - i think you said you had some in another post?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

take her to the vet. he can verify her age, & check her for common parasites like worms & ear mites. you want her vetted before you have her meet your resident cat(s) - i think you said you had some in another post?

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would get her to the vet before the 29th - that is a long way away, and I would supplement her diet with a daily egg yolk beaten into some kitten milk from the pet store or goat milk. Can you see fleas on her? She might at that age be suffering from anaemia caused by flea bites. She really needs a vet quickly. Is she a rescue kitty or do you know where she comes from? She is very young to be separated from mom.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
there are supplements you can get at the petstore that help with appitite and have vitamins in them. when i first got prue home, she couldnt eat anything, so i mixed it with a bit of kitten milk, helped alot! and i agree she should see the vet asap. never know whats going on with a new kit, good luck!