Skin

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
2 weeks ago or so Miss Kitty & Tasha seem to have gotten into a brawl in the middle of the night. I'm sure it started with Tasha wanting to play and M.K. NOT and just escalated because they are still fine together & love each other (MK even left a mouse outside for Tasha during her outdoor-adventure!).

Anyway. MK is still chewing at herself a bit, I feel terrible because her scabs are tight & pulling at her skin. I have been giving her lots of pets and gentle brushes to try and loose then up. Which she greatly enjoys!

Any suggestions for what I can put on her skin to help?

Personally I'd just vaseline on myself, but what about cooking oil or something? since she's going to lick it off.

I just feel really bad for her.

FYI Both girls are missing some fur & look a little ridiculous! Tasha one patch on either side just in front of her back leg & MK looks like we shaved her back legs. I feel like I should knit her some snow pants!!

I'm just glad the sorted out whatever it was that was upsetting them.

(I did just flea-comb MK this morning, that's not the problem, I only got one. Now that she's not bringing them in out of the barn we really don't seem to have a problem at all & I'm sure they'll all be gone in another month).

I'm sure this isn't a skin-condition. They are both healing up well, no more hair-loss, Tasha has already shed all of her scabs, I think MK caught the brunt of the fight.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
you say the scabs are off ... are the areas red and/ or .. swollen ? any oozing of any color including clear?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nope nothing is infected at all. No swelling, no oozing, no heat, nothing. I've been monitoring everyone very closely (well Tasha not so much since she ran away for 6 days - but before she left I was checking her every day & again last night when she was back). They also don't seem to be causing her any pain other then annoying Miss Prissy

I shouldn't say she is itchy - just grooming more then normal & I'd like to help.

Edit:
I knew this would happen! As soon as I ask there doesn't seem to be a problem any more!! I just went over to stroke her and I think I got all of the scabs this morning
. Oh well!!

Any suggestions anyway, in case this happens again?

It really was just a case of having lots of paw-shaped nail scratches all over her back - mostly where she couldn't reach to groom them (they really got into it! I don't know how we didn't hear them!!) and then everything healing and the scabs getting tight & uncomfortable.