Skin Under Chin

fan1bsb97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I have a 5 month old male kitten and I just noticed a spot under his chin on his neck. He's very hard to hold down but I managed to take a few pics. He doesn't seem to be in any kind of pain and isn't sick...I tried looking online but couldn't pinpoint what this might be. Ideas? Thank you so much!

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
did you look up ringworm? I'm not knowledgable enough to suggest anything, but have read some discussions on it...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fan1bsb97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah that's the first thing that looked possible, but I'm not sure how he would have gotten it.

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't know how they can get it either...I should read up on it for future reference I guess.

mattr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We had a kitten where ringworm showed up on her ears a few weeks after we got her. I guess she had it the whole time but it didn't surface right away. It could also be feline acne. If you use ceramic or plastic feeding/drinking bowls I'd change to stainless steel or glass and make sure you wash them frequently. We have a kitten now that developed a bad spot on his neck like that and redness under his bottom lip. We switched him to stainless steel bowls and it went away in about 3~4 days.