Skin tags on cats bottom?

jsky5757

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone! My cat always seems to have “skin tags” outside of her bottom. I have tried to use a wet wipe to remove them but they seem to hurt her. Today they seemed more protuberant and I’m wondering if anyone has had this experience and if I should take her to the vet. Thank in advance for your time!

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
What Are Skin Tags on Cats?

Welcome to The Cat Site! I can see why you call those skin tags, but we can't be sure from a pic that is only what they are (skin tags in people normally being harmless). On the rectum, they could be small polyps which should be at least seen by a vet. It concerns me that your cat seems to be in pain and that they are growing. Don't try to remove them in any way, and possibly even discontinue rubbing them unless her bottom is soiled.

These look small, so if the vet thinks that they could be candidates for removal it might not be a big procedure.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jsky5757

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What Are Skin Tags on Cats?

Welcome to The Cat Site! I can see why you call those skin tags, but we can't be sure from a pic that is only what they are (skin tags in people normally being harmless). On the rectum, they could be small polyps which should be at least seen by a vet. It concerns me that your cat seems to be in pain and that they are growing. Don't try to remove them in any way, and possibly even discontinue rubbing them unless her bottom is soiled.

These look small, so if the vet thinks that they could be candidates for removal it might not be a big procedure.
Thank you so much!