Skin sore under neck

Kell1997

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was petting my 7 month old kitten under the neck she usually enjoys it. I felt something, thought its a flea, tick. I put the fur aside, I saw that there's a tiny sore and dried skin.

I will attach a picture. The kitten doesn't seem to have any skin condition that I'd know of. I had her since 8 weeks old and the rest of the skin is perfect. (Other than the part that's also still recovering from spaying which is mostly gone now).

I am taking her to the vet in a few days for general check up as it is going under the bed alot after the heatwave even tho the weather is good now.

But I am so worried rn I'd post this here. Again I cannot see and other problems. I will however try to look and feel the rest of the body. Its a indoor cat so I don't anything too nasty could've stuck to her other than flea however despite being indoor, she gets monthly flea and worming

Attachments

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She may have accidentally scratched an itch too hard and nicked her skin with a sharp claw. The scab indicates the wound is healing. I wouldn't mess with that tiny wound. Point it out to the vet to get reassurance that it's not something more serious.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kell1997

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She may have accidentally scratched an itch too hard and nicked her skin with a sharp claw. The scab indicates the wound is healing. I wouldn't mess with that tiny wound. Point it out to the vet to get reassurance that it's not something more serious.
Thank you so much. I will make sure to point it out. I also started looking all over her for anything else and thankfully there was nothing.

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Did the vet do surgical bloodwork when she was spayed? Blood is drawn from the neck in cats and dogs. If not, it's probably just a scratch.