Skin Condition

Should I take her to the Vet?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Just keep using the coconut oil b/c it looks fungal and it doesn't bother her.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

catz lover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay, this is the weirdest thing I have ever seen on anyone before, let alone a cat. First, I will start by saying I have no clue how long it has been there, it doesn't seem to bother her at all. She acts normal, never scratches or licks  or even bites it excessively. I wouldn't have even known it was there if my finger hadn't touched it when I picked her up yesterday. Anyone have a clue what this could be? It is on her belly, close to her teet, or nipple (that's what the whitish raised dot is in the picture). Non of it is red, or raised, and it's not warm to the touch. It almost looks like a bite mark to me? I have another cat that is a male that likes to rough house with her a lot, does this look like something he could have done? I am just so mesmerized by the oddness of it! Any ideas? (Oh and I have put coconut oil (a natural anti-fungal) on it if the fur looks a little matted or wet...it is normally dry and it is covered pretty well by her fur, I have it separated here.)

inanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have you thoroughly checked her all over for any other spots like this? You can put neosporin on it & see if that helps it.

There are a lot of different conditions, disorders, diseases, etc. where crusty skin can be a symptom so if it were my cat, I'd be cautious and take her to the vets just in case

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catz lover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your response, yes I have checked her all over now, just the one spot.
Have you thoroughly checked her all over for any other spots like this? You can put neosporin on it & see if that helps it.

There are a lot of different conditions, disorders, diseases, etc. where crusty skin can be a symptom so if it were my cat, I'd be cautious and take her to the vets just in case

inanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If that's the case you could continue treating it, see how it heals, and keep an eye out for any new spots. If it doesn't get better or you find more - maybe then it is time for a trip to the vets.