Skin condition advice

cearajmurphy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, I’ve just found this page and I’m worried about my cat.. he’s 14 years old with no known illnesses. I have noticed during the last week he has about 6/7 lumps around his face neck and back. They are small and have scabs on the top. They don’t seem to hurt him when I touch them but I have no idea what they could be.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Any chance you are seeing the results of flea bites? Is he scratching the areas? If so, he is likely scratching and causing scabs which would most likely include lumps. Even if he is an indoor only cat, that doesn't prevent him from getting fleas.

What else can you tell us? Also, if you can get some pics to share here, that might help too!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd have the vet check it out. Since most vets are booked weeks ahead of time these days, expect to wait a bit to be seen. In the meantime, you can email a picture of the lumps to your vet to see if you can get a quick assessment and home treatment suggestions until the vet can see your cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cearajmurphy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. Any chance you are seeing the results of flea bites? Is he scratching the areas? If so, he is likely scratching and causing scabs which would most likely include lumps. Even if he is an indoor only cat, that doesn't prevent him from getting fleas.

What else can you tell us? Also, if you can get some pics to share here, that might help too!
Thankyou for replying!! He doesn’t seem to be scratching the areas or grooming them more than normal and is completely unfazed when I touch them. I am very strict with his flea treatments so he hasn’t missed any and in the past if I had missed a treatment these lumps or scabs would never appear. I will attach some photos

Attachments