Skin bumps

tiggys mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Pk so my baby Tiggy has these skin bumps all over. We had one removed almost 6 years ago and it came back and now he has more. The vet isn't really worried about him but to of the bumps he won't leave alone and has pretty good holes in them. We have try to just keep them clean but he won't leave them alone so we are going to the cone. I don't know how he is going to do. He can be a very grumpy old man. He will be 16 in August. Anyone have any tips or suggestions? This is one of his bumps. He has made it so big. I'm afraid he's going to get an infection.
16102591980725568460793049789747.jpg

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Has the vet ever done an aspiration of these cysts? It's possible it's Mast Cell Tumors where there is too much histamine and it creates a lot of itching and this can in turn grow inside the cat as well.
Mast Cell Tumors in Cats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiggys mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has the vet ever done an aspiration of these cysts? It's possible it's Mast Cell Tumors where there is too much histamine and it creates a lot of itching and this can in turn grow inside the cat as well.
Mast Cell Tumors in Cats
No she's never done a biopsy on it cause it's been almost 9 years since the first one showed up. So we figured it wasn't cancer. Should i get a biopsy?

tiggys mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No she's never done a biopsy on it cause it's been almost 9 years since the first one showed up. So we figured it wasn't cancer. Should i get a biopsy?
He is a very healthy cat other then the bumps. Still eats, plays and goes to the bathroom like normal

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
He is a very healthy cat other then the bumps. Still eats, plays and goes to the bathroom like normal
Cats with Mast Cell tumors still eat, play and do other things normal. That doesn't look good with the cat opening them up. You just need to take an aspiration of the cysts.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
So what do we do if it is cancer?
Well, my cat lived a good long life, he also developed diabetes which is common in older cats. It seems my vet put him on antihistamines to help with the extreme itching. Tiggy is getting up in age and I would just see if it's overproduction of histamines and try to just give him as comfortable life as possible. The picture you showed above looks like an ulcer which I assume is from Tiggy not leaving it alone see what can be done as you don't want secondary infections.

tiggys mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah that's why we are trying the cone so it has a chance to heal. He did really great for years but we have fought with him this last year and tried everything so last resort is the cone. 😪

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah that's why we are trying the cone so it has a chance to heal. He did really great for years but we have fought with him this last year and tried everything so last resort is the cone. 😪
Again, I think there is an antihistamine you can use, but your vet needs to advise on that. The disease can progress or just have a few skin bumps.