Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
If it is ringworm (actualy related to athleit's foot and jock itch, not a worm) it is contagious to people as well, wash your hands and wear gloves if you touch him.
:shocked:Oh thanks I sure will! I knew it wasn't worm related but didn't think of it being contagious to humans :doh: The skin is smooth with normal color does ringworm cause crusty skin?

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Keep an eye on this spot.. It could be from Revolution applied to one spot in a large amount, creating. 'hot spot". or it could be ringworm...love you for taking such good care of Marmalade and the others...
We had applied Revoultion Plus between Gypsys shoulder blades on June 23 2023 as we had done every month for several years. 2 days later, I noticed a bare spot at the application site. We had never had a bald spot before, it didn't bother her but sure bothered us! It was the 3rd dose out of a 3 dose package from Chewy. Immediately called vet, Chewy & manufacturer. Vet didn't think it was a big deal, got a refund from Chewy and an apology from the manufacturer. We stopped the Revolution plus and started using oral Credelio along with Heartguard for cats.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had applied Revoultion Plus between Gypsys shoulder blades on June 23 2023 as we had done every month for several years. 2 days later, I noticed a bare spot at the application site. We had never had a bald spot before, it didn't bother her but sure bothered us! It was the 3rd dose out of a 3 dose package from Chewy. Immediately called vet, Chewy & manufacturer. Vet didn't think it was a big deal, got a refund from Chewy and an apology from the manufacturer. We stopped the Revolution plus and started using oral Credelio along with Heartguard for cats.
Good on ya for not taking this! We've always been an Advantage family.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Good on ya for not taking this! We've always been an Advantage family.
I went into full mama bear mode. Chewy gave me a major run around kept transferring me and I even 'accidentally' got disconnected but I'm very mule headed so I called back, got the bit in my teeth and just ran over anyone in the way. I think they refunded just to shut me up. The manufacturer seemed puzzled as to why I called. I kept telling each person they transferred me to what happened, that there may be other people with the same problem, the batch number and all other numbers on the box and they needed to look into a possible bad batch.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went into full mama bear mode. Chewy gave me a major run around kept transferring me and I even 'accidentally' got disconnected but I'm very mule headed so I called back, got the bit in my teeth and just ran over anyone in the way. I think they refunded just to shut me up. The manufacturer seemed puzzled as to why I called. I kept telling each person they transferred me to what happened, that there may be other people with the same problem, the batch number and all other numbers on the box and they needed to look into a possible bad batch.
Huge props to you. Too many people are exhausted, demoralized, and give up, thinking they can't get a situation resolved. This is an endless loop. We all need to rear up on our hind legs and stop it. And that's the only way we WILL stop it. Especially when a loved one is involved, IMHO, NEVER GIVE UP.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Huge props to you. Too many people are exhausted, demoralized, and give up, thinking they can't get a situation resolved. This is an endless loop. We all need to rear up on our hind legs and stop it. And that's the only way we WILL stop it. Especially when a loved one is involved, IMHO, NEVER GIVE UP.
I'm too bull headed to get demoralized or give up.
I make sure to clear my schedule, Gypsy fed, phone charged, pad & pencil for notes & names, laptop on for possble research, tv on with remote handy to mute when finally get off of hold, also gocomics on laptop to keep my humor up while on hold and then I make the call. I'm retired and have lots of time and patience when I need to. :insertevillaugh:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm too bull headed to get demoralized or give up.
I make sure to clear my schedule, Gypsy fed, phone charged, pad & pencil for notes & names, laptop on for possble research, tv on with remote handy to mute when finally get off of hold, also gocomics on laptop to keep my humor up while on hold and then I make the call. I'm retired and have lots of time and patience when I need to. :insertevillaugh:
More props to you! Patience is not my strong suit, so I have a lot of trouble in these times as I'm aspy and OCD. I want it done YESTERDAY and I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to stuff like that, but this is an educational opportunity and a challenge for me. And like you, I never give up especially when it comes to my loved ones! Another continually evolving/updating life lesson for me is learning patience in the face of others' failure to deliver/do it right the first time, especially when it comes to IT. Cyberspace is rife with mess-ups and worse all the time. :fuming:SO...trying to deal with that with grace instead of :fireblob::bat: