Size and Lifespan of the "Average" Cat?

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a fairly new cat owner. My 3 cats are all between 1 to 3(?) years old, all indoor only, and all still alive and healthy. Various sizes (11 lbs but should weigh 9.5, 7 lbs but a little overweight, and 8 lbs and borderline overweight...according to my vet, who I agree with).

Growing up, my family had an indoor/outdoor cat that we adopted from the shelter when she was 2. I think she might have been de-clawed. I have no idea what type of food she ate, but it wasn't a good one (and it was dry). She died (I'm assuming) when she was about 12.
She was always really light, like 7 lbs.

My dad has an indoor/outdoor de-clawed kitty, who he adopted at age 2 from the humane society, who is currently 13 and healthy. He eats a good dry food (Kirkland Signature) but I can't convince them to keep him indoors. They live in a very residential area, but still. He's not a small cat but he's not overweight. A large frame, really. Weighs maybe 9 lbs?

My SO had 3 cats growing up. All were indoor/outdoor and ate low quality dry and wet food. One lived to be 20 or 21 and died after being hit by a car twice in the same week (lived after the first incident, died after the second). The other 2 cats lived to be in their late teens I think, maybe longer. They were all really big (20 lbs, 15 lbs, etc.).