Sirius update

taryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We have poop and normal poop at that. He was using the box when I went into the bathroom and I have honestly never seen a cat poop that much in my life. The dog doesn't even poop that much and he's 30 lbs(he's fed ToTW.) I don't even think my Old English Sheepdog
Abby
pooped that much and she was 80 lbs(and fed Iams.) It also stunk bad, made me want to puke. I need to get him off the crappy food he's on and over to ToTW but I'm taking my time, mixing in generic cat chow with a small amount of ToTW mixed in with whatever they were feeding him at the rescue. I'm mainly trying to get him over to the generic cat chow(I feed it to my ferals) since I have a lot more of it than what they gave me to feed him at the rescue and from there get him to ToTW.

He appears fine and healthy and will put up with Dexter, he didn't even complain when Dexter stood on him(don't ask me why but that dog has a thing about standing on cats, he doesn't hurt them, he stands on skin not bones. The most he has ever got from any cat was a hiss and a growl so he's not hurting anyone, and we do make him get off the cat and he always does.)

He has also realized he can mess with the dog from behind the gate and the dog can't get to him. Dexter technically could if he jumped the gate but he isn't going to do that, it would be more trouble than it's worth for Dex since Sirius jumps the gate in and out of the bathroom so it's not like they don't interact.

I feel so much better and so relieved, hopefully Sirius lives a long happy life with us. He's already older than Attitude and Nuts ever were(he's a little over 2) so he's off to a good start.

Taryn

anita1216

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thats great news!!! Its so worriesome when a newcomer is having issues and not adjusting as well as we would like!!!

Hope he has a long and very happy life with you!!!!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hooray for the good report!!
Glad he's doing better and glad he's adjusting to his new home.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy to hear that Sirius is doing better and having normal poops, but not the stinky part for you
. In a few days you should be able to get him eating TOTW totally and then his digestive system will settle down and he won't have to poop so much. Sounds like he will enjoy Dexter too