SIREN

mountainmom08

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my 8 week old kitten does nothing but whine. i have never been around such a vocal cat in my life. he is healthy. the other problems is when I am cooking or eating. he screams like a banshee and will do all he can to get to the food. he even goes as far as hogging the dog food. thankfully my 2 shepherds are patient, and they get cookies for behaving with him. never had this, I am no cat expert and this is my 2nd cat. but isnt this a little unusual? And what can I do?

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
He's very young, poor little thing.  He's missed out on some vital 'mum time' so he's pretty reliant on you now.  He may have had to fight for his food before and that's made him quite determined.

Did you know kitten from 8 to 12 weeks need 4 meals a day?  And lots of petting.. gently all over his body, so he gets used to being touched.  And lots of playtime!  Quality time with you, with dangly things and balls and so on.

He's a gorgeous little boy.  Keep us posted on how he's going.  And welcome to TCS!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mountainmom08

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He gets lots of snuggle time and petting between me and the three boys, plus wet doggy kisses.