Single household cats

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

What does the kitty do all day while you are at work? Single animal household.

Just curious! Trying to see how others keep these babies busy during the day or if they mostly sleep

tanya daly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well mine sleeps, plays with his toys briefly, and goes for random patrols around the garden and the neighbourhood. Also depends on how cold it is. In the summer he is out almost all the time. But this is why I think its wrong to keep cats in flats, the outdoors is how they keep themselves busy

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not exactly sure what Charlie did before I got Selene. I suspect he slept, because he always seemed a bit wound up when I got home.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
My boy will be sleeping most of time. Probably be up a few times to watch the birds when they come to the windows or hang around the main door whenever he hear footsteps, voices or sound of keys (from the neighbor or maybe someone delivering a package) and hoping that we are home. If nothing else happen, think he'll go back to his cat cave and nap again.

We have a cat cam so we know his movements. Cat cam is there not because he's not destructive, we just want to see him because we miss him when we are out.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat is an ex-farm cat, so he lived life with a handful of other cats outdoors (and in the barn at night). He slept all day. Usually on top of hay bales in the sun.

Now that he's an indoor-only cat, he still sleeps all day. Mostly in my bed, though he likes his tall cat tree and his new window shelves so he can watch things outside.