Single cat owners support thread!

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holland is my one and only.

I would love to get her a friend, but 1) I can't afford it right now, and 2) I don't know how she'd handle it. I think she gets lonely sometimes, when I'm gone for a few hours she'll run to see me when I get home, but if I'm gone for a day or two she'll glare and "yell" at me...
She's afraid of any human that isn't me, and she's afraid of dogs. Although I brought her to my mom's house this past Christmas and she managed to check out my brother's dog Mallie without freaking out.

I keep telling myself that once I can afford it I will get her a brother or sister. My biggest problem would be where to put another litter box!
I live in a 2-bedroom condo and the one box I have is in the bathroom, which is the only place that makes sense. Everywhere else is either carpeted or my kitchen...

It's nice to know there are others who have just one kitty! Here's my Holland:

She's so cute, I just love her so much!

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's just Bella and me. I have had multiple cats all my life until now. The reason is that Bella came from a very stressful situation. She was abandoned and left to starve to death in an apartment when her tormentors moved out. She was placed in a home with 6 big dogs, 4 other cats, and 2 rabbits. Much better than where she came from--but neglected. When the only person in the family who loved her died I said, "give me that cat." She didn't even have a name!!!! I had just recently lost my last cat from my brood of five. I brought her to her "forever home" and decided to give her the peace and quiet and attention and love that she deserves. She has really blossomed into an affectionate little creature. So, until her time with me is over, I will keep my promise to her that she will be the only one in my life.

samhainborn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Multiple cat owner sticking my nose in. Hee hee. Just had to say that Holland is Gorgeous! And kudos to Bellaandme for taking Bella in!

(on a side note, even though I have 5 here now, Prissy prefers to be a single kitty, but we're making it.
)

penstemon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update on Kato,

Two weeks after he first started playing with Da bird and its accessories, he is getting bore with it. He is still excited to play and knows where the wand is kept. He will asked to play. I thought he had forgot about walks. No way, yesterday was nice , the sun out, no wind and no snow. He decide he want a walk. He pester his Dad to take him.
I gues I just don't gave him credit for his intelligence.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Allmycats

HAHA, at first I wasn't sure if this thread was for people with only one cat, or people with cats, that are single <g>.
I also thought it was for unmarried cat owners by the way the title reads.