single cat owners getting a new kitten.

tigercat24

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 6-month old cat. I am getting a 8- week old kitten. I don't know how my older cat is going to take to, a kitten darting his food. What about the litter box, should I have two or stay with one? If someone could help me out. Thanks so much Tigercat24.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

tigercat24

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have had cat's all my life. Each one had a different persinality and additude the only thing that matched was they all love to play. Know càt is the same.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since the older kitty is only 6 months old, he/she should adjust to the new kitty fairly quickly. Give them each their own food dish and, yes, having 2-3 litterboxes would be best. You can never have too many litterboxes :lol3:. Make sure they're both fixed. . .the 6-month-old should already be spayed/neutered by now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tigercat24

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes he has been neuter'd. Thank you for your insight. He like's to play kinda rought, will this be a problem or will he understand that the other is smaller and play nice?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While the little kitty is still small (8 weeks is actually too young to leave his mother. . .12 weeks is better), I might keep them from playing too rough. But the little guy will catch up soon! By 10-12 weeks he should be able to hold his own.