Singing?

karissima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is Ross.

Ross really wants to grow up to be a rug. He will be 2 years old next month.

Ross sings. More specifically, he prefers to go into the bathroom and sing. This is a different vocalization than he makes when he is hungry or wants attention. He's a talkative little fellow, but this is more akin to howling/singing. It does not sound like a mating call -- it's just a warbly little tune and he will keep it up for anywhere from 2 to 10 minutes.

He acts very embarrassed when he finds out we are listening or watching. I've tried to sneak in and record him, because it's delightful and funny. All I've managed are short voice recordings when he doesn't realize I'm listening in. If we speak or move he suddenly stops. If I walk towards the bathroom to try to get a recording he will stop and give me a wide-eyed look of innocence.

The singing doesn't bother us, I'm just curious what it's about? He will be sitting with us in other rooms and suddenly will go into the bathroom and start singing away. We just moved and he used to do this in our old bathroom, too. This bathroom has a window, but our former bathroom did not have any windows. They both have/had tile, and my husband thinks maybe he likes the reverberation of the tile?

Does anyone else have a singing cat?

Last edited:

smokem

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had a feral female that would "sing".

she would smile and switch around(I was on the pot,no less)

and she would sing to me,totally different pitch than regular purring.

I thought she was happy!!!