Singapura?

gomie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is my baby girl Zsa Zsa. She's coming up on 1 year old next month. She was found as a kitten at a landfill, so not much is known about her. I adopted her when she was only about a month old.

I have two other cats and she's sooo different from them. Both her behavior and build. She's unlike any cat I've ever had. I don't typically question the breed of cats, but she has me wondering. She's incredibly petite - to the point that it worried me and I took her to the vet to make sure she was okay. Her bloodwork was perfectly fine, vet says she's just little. She's about 6 pounds now.

I posted a pic of her on Reddit and someone commented and asked if she was Singapura. Researching that breed, she fits 99% of the descriptions. The only thing that doesn't match up is her fur pattern. But the being super petite, having big eyes and ears, and being *obsessed* with heights and water all fit her to a T.

Do you think she could be Singapura? Or does she seem like another breed to you? We just call her our little alien baby.

Z1.jpg
Z2.jpg
Z3.jpg
Z4.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gomie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Build: long, lanky, light but strong. Only 6 pounds.
Behavior: energetic, playful, easygoing, very cuddly when she wants to be, OBSESSED with heights and water. She loves climbing on top of the kitchen cabinets and looking down at us smugly as we attempt to get her down with a spray bottle. This is what she looks like as I shake a water bottle at her:
1648135603430.png

She is so obsessed with water that she sometimes gets in the shower with me. It's bizarre but cute. The water really doesn't bother her at all. She loves being my lifeguard when I take baths, walking around the lip of the tub and dabbling in the water.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks like a “forever kitten” domestic shorthair, no particular breed 🙂 she was possibly the runt of her litter, or was malnourished before you got her. Singapura are a quite rare breed, so it’s incredibly unlikely a non-pedigree cat has Singapura ancestry. If you’re in Singapore, your kitty may be related to the feral cats the breed was developed from.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm what did you feed her? Was it aafco balanced kitten or all life stages food? Did she have issues being skinny frequently? If the food wasn't suited for kittens then that could be why she is small. Or it really could be that she was a runt. Some cats are also just naturally small cats but otherwise healthy :) I would not say any breed but her big eyes are beautiful.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is my baby girl Zsa Zsa. She's coming up on 1 year old next month. She was found as a kitten at a landfill, so not much is known about her. I adopted her when she was only about a month old.

I have two other cats and she's sooo different from them. Both her behavior and build. She's unlike any cat I've ever had. I don't typically question the breed of cats, but she has me wondering. She's incredibly petite - to the point that it worried me and I took her to the vet to make sure she was okay. Her bloodwork was perfectly fine, vet says she's just little. She's about 6 pounds now.

I posted a pic of her on Reddit and someone commented and asked if she was Singapura. Researching that breed, she fits 99% of the descriptions. The only thing that doesn't match up is her fur pattern. But the being super petite, having big eyes and ears, and being *obsessed* with heights and water all fit her to a T.

Do you think she could be Singapura? Or does she seem like another breed to you? We just call her our little alien baby.

View attachment 414709View attachment 414710View attachment 414711View attachment 414712
Aww what a beauty 😻 I think she is a dsh classic brown tabby. She does have some of the looks of the Singapura, but chances are no real connection. I did a collage of her with some raw and pb pedigree singapura kitties as well as an Abyssinian kitty. The pedigree are usually are ticked without striping but it seems the raw Singapura have more tabby markings.
There was a dispute about the pedigree cats because it was discovered that the 3 foundation cats claimed to be raw Singapuras( natural cats in the area I think) from Singapore were actually registered as Abyssinians and were from America- some think the pedigree Singapuras are actually a cross of Abyssinian and Burmese cats. You can read about it here.

Singapura cat - Wikipedia

8D27056E-832D-4B36-8341-ADABE7A0939C.png

gomie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmm what did you feed her? Was it aafco balanced kitten or all life stages food? Did she have issues being skinny frequently? If the food wasn't suited for kittens then that could be why she is small. Or it really could be that she was a runt. Some cats are also just naturally small cats but otherwise healthy :) I would not say any breed but her big eyes are beautiful.
I raised her on KMR for the first couple of weeks that I had her, then we moved to Royal Canin kitten food and then eventually to Instinct kitten food once she decided she was tired of the Royal Canin. Additionally, I've given her wet kitten food as well. She is a spoiled girl with a good appetite. I think she must just be the runt. I'm happy as long as she is healthy and happy!

gomie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aww what a beauty 😻 I think she is a dsh classic brown tabby. She does have some of the looks of the Singapura, but chances are no real connection. I did a collage of her with some raw and pb pedigree singapura kitties as well as an Abyssinian kitty. The pedigree are usually are ticked without striping but it seems the raw Singapura have more tabby markings.
There was a dispute about the pedigree cats because it was discovered that the 3 foundation cats claimed to be raw Singapuras( natural cats in the area I think) from Singapore were actually registered as Abyssinians and were from America- some think the pedigree Singapuras are actually a cross of Abyssinian and Burmese cats. You can read about it here.

Singapura cat - Wikipedia

View attachment 414763
Aw, thank you for putting that together! & thanks for that info.:)