Since Tink is pregnant

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do i need to separate Wilbur and Tinker? man I don't know if I can do that? both semantically or mentally. I've got them cooped up in this room. Will they both be oK and the kittens be OK?

Tink doesn't have many babies in her, I can compare her belly to Madonnas and it's not even close. Madonna was HUGE, and tinker is small, i can feel one kitten in each side. I think she's only going to have 2 or maybe 3.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No need to separate them right now. When she gives birth, it's probably a good idea to keep them separate for a little while. He probably won't have the normal intact male instinct to kill kittens, and especially not these, if they are his.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh they are definitely his. I can distinguish 3 different ones but he's the only male that could possibly be the dad. I noticed this before I gave them to the rescue group. but when they looked they said they couldn't see it. I guess it was obvious to me just because I know her.

Him being freshly nuetered won't help will it?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Someone else will have to fill you in. But having been in place all along, I would think he's unlikely to harm them.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if that stupid vet started to fix her and a sick cat came in so he never finished.
Some idiot vet did that to my friends cat and put her down as being fixed when he did not do anything because a very sick cat came in.
He did end up paying for everything because he did not want t be sued.
It was the pound though.
Most vets are better then the pound.
The worse part is the cat had to be cut twice because of his mistake.
The 2nd time he paid the other vet.
She did not go back to him.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

I wonder if that stupid vet started to fix her and a sick cat came in so he never finished.
Some idiot vet did that to my friends cat and put her down as being fixed when he did not do anything because a very sick cat came in.
He did end up paying for everything because he did not want t be sued.
It was the pound though.
Most vets are better then the pound.
The worse part is the cat had to be cut twice because of his mistake.
The 2nd time he paid the other vet.
She did not go back to him.
AMEN to that... he should have paid for the mistake!!!

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I fostered pregnant momma cats I never had an issue with my own neutered males bothering the kittens. They usually wanted nothing to do with the whole thing. Tink will probably keep the others away and you will know if there is an issue because she would take on an elephant if she had to...to protect her babies. If there is an issue you can separate them.