~~Simple 500 point bonanza!!~~

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. A cat has approximately how many million olfactory cells? 60 to 80 million

2. Cats respond better to women than to men. What is the reason thought behind this? One reason this might be is that women have higher pitched voices which reminds cats of a mother cat calling her kittens.

3. A group of cats is called a clowder, a group of kittens is called a what? kindle

4. A cat's normal body temperature is what? 102 Fahrenheit

5. A polydactyl is a dinosaur. True or false? Explain false, its a cat with 7 toes. taradyactal is a dino.

6. Cats have a bakers dozen when it comes to ribs. True or false? true

7. Cats have a third eyelid. This is called a what? nictitating membrane

8. In addition to using their noses, cats can smell with the what? organ which is located in the upper surface of the mouth.

The Jacobson`s organ in the roof of the cat`s mouth allows them to "taste" smells. To use this, they open their mouths a little and look as though they are grimacing. This is called the Flehmen response and is used particularly to find out about the reproductive status of other cats.

9. The only domestic animal not mentioned in the Bible is the cat. True or false?
Although the Old Testament makes no mention of cats, the Babylonian Talmud tells of their admirable qualities and encourages the breeding of cats to help keep the houses clean

10. Don't give kitty raw egg white. They contain an enzyme that breaks down which vitamin, which is essential to a cats health?

Cats should not be fed raw egg whites because they contain an enzyme that breaks down the vitamin biotin, which is essential to cat health.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I thought you said these questions were easy.......I don't think so....

I'll guess your middle name is Anne.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I thought you said these questions were easy.......I don't think so....

I'll guess your middle name is Anne.
They are easy, if you know where to look

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catcaregiver

Louise! <geez that was hard work!>
Nice work! Good to see you guys sweat for answers
500 coming your way