Simon's ACL surgery

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Simon had a small set back Friday night. He was back to attacking his leg, hissing and growling. He also started pulling out his stitches. A quick call to the vet for more pain medicine and a soft collar took care of most of his problems. I also decided that complete kennel release wasn't a good idea just yet. He wanted to jump to get away from his leg and it just made him too unstable and I didn't want him to re-injure the leg.

He has had a relaxing weekend with supervised kennel release. Between his pain meds and the rescue remedy I have my sweet Simon back.

Again I can't Thank everyone enough for all the emotional support!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww, bet the sweet fella is just plain fed up !

Lots of soothing & relaxing (((((
vibes
))))) whizzing Simons way. We´re all rooting for you

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just catching up, Eva

Sorry to hear that Simon had a bit of a setback, but I'm pleased to hear that it was brought under control quickly

Continued }}}VIBES{{{ heading to Simon and many
to you both

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Simon had his stitches removed yesterday.
He is also completely off his pain medication.

I was very disappointed with the visit yesterday. I really expected the doctor to at least come in and check him but no such luck. The tech took out the stitches and released him. I did ask if he needed to return and she said no unless I felt there was a problem. I asked about physical therapy but she said he didn't need it if he was using the leg.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

Simon had his stitches removed yesterday.
He is also completely off his pain medication.
well thats great news

Originally Posted by snosrap5

I was very disappointed with the visit yesterday. I really expected the doctor to at least come in and check him but no such luck. The tech took out the stitches and released him. I did ask if he needed to return and she said no unless I felt there was a problem. I asked about physical therapy but she said he didn't need it if he was using the leg.
So how do you think he is then ? what is he like since you got him home ?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Way to go Simon!

How is Simon? I would have been more than a little upset with the vet, this was surgery!