Simon

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, as I posted in the Lounge, my little Simon lost his precious little life on Christmas. He "escaped" out of the house on Christmas Eve, and was hit by a car right in front of our home. Whoever hit him was kind enough to pick him up and place him on the sidewalk so he wouldn't be run over again.

He had a very short little life. He would've been 5 months in just a couple of weeks. He was so sweet, and so adorable. He would purr like there was no tomorrow. He loved to snuggle, and my husband even would enjoy petting him.
My children are going to miss him the most, my daughter who is 2 called him "simy" and would carry him everywhere and pretend that she could talk to him. She would try to cover him w/ her covers and play house with him. I am hurting for her now.

So, now he is gone forever. I am so sad. He was just a baby, and I feel so horrible that this had to happen to him. I hope he is happy now, whereever he may be.

debra myers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Simon is now at the Bridge with all our other lost fur children.
I hope you find comfort and peace. I am so very sorry for your loss.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read your thread in the Lounge and it's so sad, I am so sorry about your sudden loss of little Simon. He is now an
at Rainbow Bridge where he is happy and whole and watching over you and your family.

If you are not familiar with Rainbow Bridge, you will find a copy of the poem at the top of this forum. It is a very comforting poem, and hopefully, it will help you get through this difficult time.

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dtolle, I'm sure your little Simon is now at the Bridge - and Im sure he's made best friends with my little Tetley, exactly the same thing happend to him, he was only just 6 months old. We found him cowering a neighbours garden clinging on to his life as best he could......he made it through the night but when we got him to the vets there was nothing that could be done.....we had to put him to sleep. It hurts like hell, especially when they are so young......but at least the time he did have here with you was happy. Now he is enjoying his little self at the Bridge with all the other Kittens..... Im so sorry for your loss, I know how hard it is.
Love and hugs always....

pawsitronic

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's so sad...I'm sure he was the perfect little

I read somewhere once that all our beloved pets are in heaven, being tended to and loved by the children. I'm sure that your little friend is very happy and is purring always

G

ghostuser

Awwwww...how terrible. I also witnessed my old friends friend 5 month old cat, Angel get struck by a car...
. The worst thing is, the owner of the cat was only 5 years old. I know that Angel and Simon are over the rainbow bridge though..I have only lost 1 cat in my entire life, so I don't know how you feel...I am so sorry this happened. But now simon is an
up in kitty heaven.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Daniela, I am sorry I missed this thread here...I know I told you how sorry I was about Simon, but I wanted to tell you again, and let you know I care.

studio224

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Daniela,

I am so sorry for you... Belive that the good moments will stay and the pain will slowly subside... All my thoughts go out to you...

Anne-Claire

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you all for your kind thoughts. It is 1 month today that he is gone. We've gotten a new kitty ( as I've posted in the lounge ), her name is Cymone. She is a little over a year old, spayed female. She was rescued by the local shelter from a trailer park where her owners abandoned her and 2 kittens. She is settling in nicely, and is very affectionate and friendly. Her and Sunshine aren't friends yet, but there is no fighting. They just basically ignore eachother most of the time.

Thank you again for all the great posts.

debra myers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anniversary dates like this are so hard. I betcha that Simon is looking down at you from the Bridge and saying to the rest of the animals that he had the best human mom possible! His heart is glad that you took in another little one that needed a home and lots of love.........

stephie0024

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Dtolle,
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Don't think about the fact that his life was cut short, but that he had a wonderful life in the time he had with you and your daughter. And he is waiting for you both at Rainbow Bridge.

Forrest's Mommy