Simbadol

rsh916

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all
Took my 10# kitty in for teeth cleaning and they neglected to tell me he would possibly react (as I have read on your wonderful site) to the pain medication. Same symptoms for him, won't sleep, pacing all night not my cat ! It has been 17 hours and I called the vet and the tech says "she is calling in something to relax him". I don't know yet what it is but am afraid to give him anything else. It appears that it will take some time as I have seen from others for this to wear off ! Thank goodness for this site the vet told me nothing. Has anyone else been given anything to calm the kitty after simbdol?

Thanks to all

Update the vet wants to give Yoshi Gabepentin for the hyperactivity after the Simbadol? Thoughts?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. So, he had Simbadol for his teeth cleaning? It can last up to 24 hours in a cat's system, and depending on the dose, perhaps even more. Gabapentin serves many purposes, one of which is to calm a cat. But is there any reason you can't wait out the 24 hours or so and see how your kitty is reacting then?

How is he doing now?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rsh916

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so very much. It has been 48 hours he is still a little BUSY but not as bad. Yes teeth cleaning and one extraction. I did not give the other meds as you suggested I "waited it out"
Thanks again !

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've seen one cat get very aggressive on Simbadol. Different cats react differently. Make sure he eats and drinks normally and it will eventually get out of his system.