Simbadol Is Causing A Bad Reaction

Gizm0

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I posted on here a few days ago about my boy having a possible UTI. Well, we visited the vet today and was given antibiotics, anti-inflammatory meds, and he was given Simbadol.

After we got home and the medicine kicked in he started acting crazy. Running and hiding, afraid of me, then his mood would change and he would be happy and bouncing off everything, rubbing everywhere, then he’d change again and sit there and stare at the walls/objects for a extended amount of time. His eyes are the size of saucers, won’t use the litter box at all, he won’t eat, has not slept..I forced him to drink water just now (the vet said he MUST drink to flush his system) but he puts up a good fight and I can’t keep forcing him. I was able to give him about 6tbs of water.

How long do these reactions usually last? It’s been about 14 hours at this point. Is there anything I can try doing to calm him down? I feel like if he would just sleep it would help but I can’t get him to stop moving.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I don't know enough about this med to offer any input. But, I know others on this site have used various forms of buprenorphine (which is the generic name).
Until one or more of them read your post (and I hope that is soon) and can provide some first hand information, here is an article about its side effects.

https://www.cuteness.com/article/side-effects-buprenorphine-cats

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have never needed to use this medication on any of my cats, so won't be much help here, but I'm hoping since you posted late at night, that by now you have had a chance to talk to your Vet about this situation. If not, that's where I would start, because not only should they be able to help you, they should also be able to prescribe something else with less side effect for your little one.

:vibes::vibes::vibes: