Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have signed up for a language course instead of something to do with economics. Languages come in really handy and can give you an edge when it comes to job hunting.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

Good luck, Katie!

I loved English comp 1 and 2 and aced them both. I remember writing an essay that my comp 1 professor said was publishable, which made me very happy.
Thanks Bryan! Publishable? Good show!
I was on the Power of the Pen team in middle school, so I'm hoping some of that comes back to me!

Originally Posted by CoolCat

for you can get along with the items! Good luck!
Thanks Rigel! I need all the vibes I can get!
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Ooo...and the bigger the problem, the more my OCD loves it !!!
Must solve....
oh my brain!! Math makes it have convulsions

Originally Posted by theimp98

well if it helps, the second one does make more sense.

i would love to help, i am good at idea and such.

errr, but i would not ask me to write your papers ehhee.
Yes it does help, Bruce! and you don't have to worry about the writing papers

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I would have signed up for a language course instead of something to do with economics. Languages come in really handy and can give you an edge when it comes to job hunting.
Unfortunately language is not part of the business program and my company would definitely not pay for that. I used to want to be certified bi-lingual in Spanish, but that was when I wanted to be a teacher
I took 3 years in High school

The reason I'm going back to school is not so much to get a job, more to cure the atrophy of the brain I seem to have lately. Nothing like getting those cells firing again
This is more to get my degree so that when I reach 30 years with my current company I can go back to work doing something that I actually want to- counseling kids or even teaching. I'll only be 52 when I retire so I figure I got a good 20 years of work left in me

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I was a Business Mgmt & Admin major & I hated accounting.... still do

Good luck with the algebra too, I hated that one as well
Accounting is kicking my behind.

Of Macro & Micro....Macro was harder because I fell asleep in class more.

spyral

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was also an English major at one time..lol..than I switched to Computer Science. Then I graduated and never used my degree past my first year as an entry level programmer. If you need help with the English class, I would be glad to help out any way I could.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Accounting is kicking my behind.

Of Macro & Micro....Macro was harder because I fell asleep in class more.
That could cause problems

Originally Posted by Spyral

I was also an English major at one time..lol..than I switched to Computer Science. Then I graduated and never used my degree past my first year as an entry level programmer. If you need help with the English class, I would be glad to help out any way I could.
Thanks! I may take you up on that!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I only have to take Micro and Macro cause I'm a business major with ulterior motives
I really don't like business too much, can't wait til I take Accounting

I always liked English so I am looking forward to that at least! If there's anything I can do it's write
It's been a long time (I graduated from college in 1979), but I believe at least one economics course was a GER, although I majored in foreign languages. Microeconomics fulfilled the requirement, and macroeconomics was just an elective, but I really enjoyed it, and believe that I read the business section of the newspaper simply because of that course. I hadn't planned on teaching translating German to English business news at that time.