Signs of Spring

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're a couple of weeks away from spring breaking out, but the surest sign of it here is when the scissortails show up. Until they're here, we can still have a significant cold snap.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

It's still light when I get home (if I don't do a bazillion errands on the way).
YES!! I'm just glad I'm not driving home in the dark anymore. It's usually dark by the time I get home, but by then I'm on familiar roads. I'm still waiting for the big blizzard (I know it's coming....I can feel it....)

I don't consider it spring until I see that first robin. So far, no luck. They aren't THAT stupid.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spring? What's that?
A few weeks ago it was quite nice, about -2, but now it's more like -22. There's still about a foot of snow on the ground and it was supposed to snow today! In the southeast they got a bunch of snow, enough to cause a school's ceiling to partially collapse.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
We're 2 weeks from Autumn and we've just had the most horrendous bushfires.

Spring infortunately is far away..

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I can still see the grass through the snow.
Although its still cold out, I was able to go for a walk yesterday.

But the #1 sign of spring right now is:

I can feel every stinkin' pothole there is
now that they aren't covered with snow.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have lost some of our snow this past week but other then that it still pretty much looks like winter here and looking at the long range weather forecasts it still for awhile yet. I did see two crows the other day which is sort of a precursor to spring.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There have been 2-3 days of rain over the past two weeks and the desert is an explosion of colors.
Soon the cacti and mesquite will be in bloom adding even more paint to the canvas.

The doves are coo-cooing away at their mates and the grackles and songbirds have returned en masse.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, let's see...the last few days it was really warm out and I saw people walking around in shorts and tank tops. A few even had sunburns.

Of course, I was in Mexico.

Now that I'm home it's pretty much the same old cold.
(We did have a melt last week, though, so at least you can see around the snow mounds when you drive.)