Sigh. I am seriously so lost... not to mention bored!

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am happily unattached, fiercely independent and can think of 99 ways to keep myself occupied without relying on someone. All you have to do is think about things that make YOU happy, and pursue those. 

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In NJ we also had French the same way.  I went into that school in grade 2 and think it started at grade 1.  K was half days back then.  We used to have French parties to with everyone bringing in food or supplies.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great thread!  Long story short, I'm looking for a "passion" of my own.  Horses used to be my life, but I don't have any interest in that anymore.  I was busy with school during the past few years so I didn't have time for a hobby.  I stil have things to do around the new house but soon that will come to an end and I'm going to be bored.  I'm slowly getting back into working out again but I can only work out so much.  I already make my own cat food so that's out. 

I tried melt and pour soaps from Michael's craft store, but they left a lot to be desired.  I love playing with scents though and always wanted to try soapmaking, so Brambleberry sounds like the way to go!  I'm too scared to play chemist and make it with lye and all that, at least for now.  I used to be scared to make cat food too so, with enough reading and such over time I'll probably give it a try.

This house that I moved into has several citrus trees, a fig tree, a muscadine arbor, and a pindo palm tree (aka jelly palm) so I'm interesting in doing something with those fruits.  Canning sounds like the thing to do with some of that!

flutenotepoet

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I am happily unattached, fiercely independent and can think of 99 ways to keep myself occupied without relying on someone. All you have to do is think about things that make YOU happy, and pursue those. 
I don't get bored very easily because I do this now, but, now I have TOO many things I would like to learn/do and can't always decide which one to focus on... besides the stuff that has to get done, of course.  And the stuff that has to get done takes up a lot of time...

flutenotepoet

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In one of your comments you mentioned that you're interested in learning another language but not sure what you'd use it for. Let's take French for an example since that's the language I brought up and some of us do have backgrounds in French education.  Even if you never met a French person you would then be able to read more French literature/web-sites, and you would be able to enjoy the beauty of writing that is written in its first language.  That's one of the reasons I'm interested in furthering my understanding of the language.  Even though it's great to be able to read things that have been translated, some things are lost in translation because they aren't always direct word for word translations.  Just a quick, easy example which you likely already know... "Bonjour" is used for "Hello" but what it actually means is "Good day." I find stuff like that intriguing. :)

I also lived with a French family for a time and looked after their children, who did not know English.  They taught me a lot.  I am not a beginner but am not fluent either, but being able to speak just a little bit of French and willing to learn allowed me to meet and communicate with this beautiful family.  Now I have a reason to speak/write French, even if it is just one family.  They speak some English to me and I speak some French to them when we communicate.  When I was taking French classes as a little girl, I had no idea this family would ever enter my life. 

Learning French through song sounds like it was a lot of fun for sure.  I don't remember much about French class besides that I was really fond of my French teacher and we played a lot of games. 

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just throwing it out there, but in the past I have stumbled upon some threads where people would speak back and forth in another (non-English) language. I'm sure we could revive a concept like that if it garnered enough interest even just to chat back and forth to each other on TCS.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alyssam

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The last couple days I have been bookmarking things that I would like to get for the cats at some point, whenever Glen and I have our own place. Is it bad I look for stuff for them before us? Cat trees mostly, and, I've kind of been brainstorming. I'd really like to convert one of the rooms in the current house into a little "gym" type room. We have a tread mill, bike and weights but they are scattered through the house just put into rooms that they fit in. Would give me more motivation to work out  and get back into shape... I hate doing it in front of other people and the tread mill is in the living room 
. Can't do that, though, until BIL/SIL+kids move out. Other than that, I need to figure out our new monthly income with his promotion raise and see what extra we have, if any, after paying bills. LIFE IS TOO EXPENSIVE! 

flutenotepoet

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Just throwing it out there, but in the past I have stumbled upon some threads where people would speak back and forth in another (non-English) language. I'm sure we could revive a concept like that if it garnered enough interest even just to chat back and forth to each other on TCS.
Sounds like fun!