sift & toss

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I'd be wary of the cats getting their claws caught in the mesh netting bit. and I am sure its messier than what they show.. pieces could break off and fall on the floor.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about most cats, but I have industrial diggers, that would never hold up.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tried them (or similar brand) a long time ago. Might work for de-clawed cats. Won't work if they have claws (unless they're not diggers at all). Leaves larger clumps behind than a scooper. I don't like liners in general anyway.

One thing I found that does work nicely is a sifting litterbox. I don't use the actual litterbox that came with it because it's too shallow, but the sifter is very useful. I dump the regular litterbox into the sifting litterbox, sift it, dispose of the clumps, pour the litter back into the regular litterbox. It cuts a lot of time off my litterbox maintenance. But I'm not sure it would be worth it for only one or two litterboxes. Scooping the old-fashioned way takes about 30 seconds if you do it every day. Not worth buying time-saving devices, IMO.

fleshflowers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That wouldn't work at all for my kitten! She digs in her litterbox so much, she'd get caught on the mesh stuff.

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No personal experience, but my cats sometimes dig furiously at the bottom, and I have a feeling it would bunch up and mess up the mesh netting.

Pee clumps sticking to the bottom would also likely not pull up properly.

It also seems wasteful to me to be throwing away all that material every single time you "scoop".

Search the forum for Omega Paw, I like that one better for auto-sifting, and if you use an organic litter like Swheat Scoop you can sift as many times a day as you like while creating no garbage and just flush the biodegradable poo/pee clumps.

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone I know very well tried the product and it did not go well. The cat like most was a "digger" and just destroyed the liner. Surprisingly enough this cats claws did not get stuck in the liner.

rebeccaevelyn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I bought them for my 3 cats one who is declawed and my other two boys who are not. It was prob the worst idea for my to buy them. For my declawed cat she didnt like the fact that she could feel the mesh on her feet she would walk in her box in a funny way and had a hard time with the fact it was shower she wouldnt cover her duties like she used to. Not only did my clawed cats tear it, they couldnt stand their nails getting caught in it so they decided to go the bathroom right outside the litter box. once i took the liner out they went in perfectly fine. worst 12.99 i ever spent. I do not recommend them at all. 

neakybird

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I haven't tried this but I am wondering if you put all the liners in at once or, if not, what happens when you remove the one liner.  I mean how do you get another liner in there or do you have to throw the whole litter box full out?

I just can't seem to figure out how this would work