Sierra's New Vet.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tomorrow (Wednesday) is a very big day for my baby girl. She will be meeting her new Dr. Serenity has met him and approves, but we know Sierra is very special and tends to become beyond agitated at her Vet appts. For this reason, she will most likely be sedated in order to have her blood drawn for her labs, fundal exam, and to have her blood pressure checked. I really wish we didn't have to sedate her for this.

Prior to introducing either of my girls to this Dr., I thoroughly checked out the clinic and went by to visit and speak with the staff. I was very impressed, and am even more so after Serenity's appts. I sure hope Sierra feels the same.
I have had all of her medical records faxed over from the Specialty Hospital. The Dr. is very thorough and kind, and spent a great deal of time just talking to me about Sierra. A wonderful thing about him, also, is he will allow me to be present during Sierra's entire procedure. This is very important to me, and I feel she will do much better this way!

Although this may be quite routine, it's difficult to not feel nervous about this big day. All the prayers and positive thoughts you guys can spare are so very much appreciated! Thank you so much for caring about my sweet baby girl!

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
awwwww Sierra, know that my thoughts will be with you as you meet your new Dr

I sure do hope you approve and that everything goes smoothly... be brave sweetheart

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Awwwww

Lots of good vibes headed your way for you both. I hope it all works out well.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dearest Stephanie

I know in my heart, that our Heavenly Father will be watching over your beloved Sierra during her exam tomorrow. I will be praying for her well being, as she goes through this & comes out the other side good as new.

Please post an update as soon as you can after her exam.

We love you sweet Sierra.

Sadie, Dexter & Lei
xo xo xo

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you found a nice and understanding vet! Good luck to you and Sierra tomorrow!

cyberkitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awww! I hope all will go well. I am glad you like the vet though - that is so important. Even though I who work in medicine, I like to get to know any doctors ahead of time and while their certifications and universities (There are some medical schools I am not all that impressed with to be honest) are extremely significant, I really want to like the individual too. I came to the conclusion a long time ago that if someone has poor interpersonal skills, they might be better off in research, putting their talents to work in that way.

For part of my career, I worked with a woman who was extremely intelligent and utterly brilliant and just a termendous researcher. However, her clinical skills left much to be desired, even to the point where her young patients would tell their families, nurses and other people - like med clerks or volunteers what they thought of her and kids almost NEVER lie about that stuff, - and we all wndered how to handle the situation. She was quite senior in the organization and had a great reputation in terms of outcomes. Parents would even ask me or other younger docs if we would take over their child's care and of course, it does not happen that way. Finally, two of us brought up the matter with the thenChief of Peds, a much revered man. He talked to her and it turned out that she thought she had great skills but loved research much more. She "retired" from active clinical care to research and there have been virtually no complaints at all about anyone, at least in our small specialty.

But I did not mean to digress. My point - and I actually have one, lol - is to say I feel the same way about vets. If a vet lacks good relationship skills with cats, I wuld not take my kitties to her or him, regardless of what accolades s/he may have academically. I left a vet when after bringing my bunny to him - and vets with expertise in rabbits can be difficult to find where I live - his whole manner, verbal and nonverbal, suggested he did not take me or my bunny seriously. I had done considerable research on an illness my rabbit had and brought some of the studies with me. He seemed miffed by that as well and suggested "oh well that might be fine if you live in downtown New York City but you don't". After one examination, I walked out of that clinic and never returned. I found a vet who liked bunnies, was not insecure about his or her skills and interested in trying new treatments or talking to vets throughout the world if need be. Mind you, he was at the vet school 3 hours away but that was OK. My bunny lived to be the oldest recorded domesticated rabbbit in Canada - until he died - and I was not letting just anyone care for him!!!!!

Good luck to Sierra and you!! It sounds as though you are off to a wonderful start!! Give Sierra a hug for me!

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sierra will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. I hope everything goes as smoothly as it possibly can for your sweet girl. Please let us know how it goes Steph!

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending lots of calming vibes to Sweet Sweet Siera.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sweet girl!
to both of you tomorrow.

Here's a message from one pretty girl to another:

Sierra, I know the vet is scary, but he's really just trying to help. Try to be brave! Your Meowmy won't let anything bad happen to you!!

Ophelia

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We know you'd only choose the best for Sierra Steph!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so nervous for you but I know Sierra will come through with flying colors with Mommy by her side!
Please let us know as soon as you get back!
Sending prayers your way!

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stephanie, you know my prayers will be with you and Sierra.
I am so glad this vet sees the wisdom of you being by Sierra's side during her procedures.

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stephanie, I'm sending lots of calming vibes to you sweet Sierra.
How wonderful that her new vet will let you stay with her while she goes through her procedures!
That will make a world of difference for your sweet girl!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dan, Karen, Lei, Lacey, Lisa, Diane, Cyberkitten, Heidi and Ophelia, Chris, Ryan, Colleen, Bridget, Tracy, and Linda, thank you so very much! You guys are the absolute greatest!
We are so blessed!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like a good vet. Our vet has always had us in with our kits. I didn't even realize that this was not the norm.

If you stay calm, that will help your baby to stay calm too as I believe they pick up on your tension.

Hugs for you both.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sierra, be nice to the new vet. I imagine he is just as nervous meeting you as you are meeting him. You are world renowned!
(Thanks to your meowmy and TCS.)

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sierra
Now dear I realize going to the dr is no fun.. But sweety your mommy has interviewed and taken your sister to the new vet so.. do your best to be a happy , open minded kitty..
Zoey