"Side by Side" food

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This seems mainly a dog-oriented company (I don't think I see any cat food specifically), but has anyone tried out this company's "dog & cat" treats or toppers on their cat? How did your cat react, if so?

There are a few "cat & dog" treats on this Chewy page,

I'm wondering about the Rabbit Medallion treats

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
I've not bought from that specific company, but generally, any single protein freeze dried treat that doesn't have any additives (the listings I checked from this brand had nothing sketchy going on, just single ingredient proteins) is going to be beneficial for any carnivore.

Honestly, with treats, I'll commonly buy freeze dried or dehydrated treats for dogs -- the treat is the same as the cat version, just cheaper, as the pieces are larger and they sell bags that are more bulk quanity.

Not all cats will like the same single-protein treats, though, so I'd suggesting getting a few small bags of different things to try.

Edit: Just noticed you mentioned the Rabbit Medallions. Personally, I'd stick to the single protein stuff. The medallions have brocolli and cranberry added. While nutritionally beneficial for dogs, it's just pointless, carby filler for cats. They're also quite expensive for the amount you get, imo. Plus, they're mixed in with duck, so if your cat loves rabbit, but isn't wild about duck, the treat might not be a hit, anyway.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your reply!

I was more wondering if anyone had actually tried this brand for their cat, re: their treats specifically, and if so, did the cat like it and were there any 'deleterious effects' afterwards (re: litter box or vomiting, etc.).

I hadn't heard of this brand before today, and I am curious about their rabbit treats, since my cat generally likes most rabbit-oriented edibles.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
I was more wondering if anyone had actually tried this brand for their cat, re: their treats specifically, and if so, did the cat like it and were there any 'deleterious effects' afterwards (re: litter box or vomiting, etc.).
As long as your cat is used to high protein in the diet, and you're not feeding a large amount of organ (has a laxative effect on cats who aren't used to organ meat in the diet), your cat should be fine.

I hadn't heard of this brand before today, and I am curious about their rabbit treats, since my cat generally likes most rabbit-oriented edibles.
As I mentioned in my edit, wouldn't recommend their rabbit treats for cats because of the added broccoli and cranberries. If you're looking for some high quality rabbit treats, I'd recommend the following alternatives instead :>

Vital Essentials Freeze Dried Rabbit Treats -- These just have rabbit muscle and organ meat in them with nothing extra. My cats adore them, and I use 'em for clicker training. I'd suggest starting with smaller amounts as they have organ meat in them, though.
Pupford's Freeze Dried Rabbit Treats -- marketed for dogs, but perfectly good for cats, too
Purpose Rabbit Bites Freeze-Dried Raw Treats -- again, marketed for dogs, overall, but great for cats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Again, thanks for replying, I do appreciate it! My cat has already had her experiences with VE Rabbit Bites - her preferences come and go and that has been one she at times prefers. I wasn't really looking for advice on high quality treats, or on which ingredients are good, etc., but, rather, looking for personal anecdotes and experiences with this particular brand of "cat & dog" treat -- the brand, "Side by Side". Many thanks, though!