sickly kitten

lotus nightowl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My family and I brought home baby Mandela and his sister Nimbus 1 week ago today. They have already bonded with my young adult cat Maija and gave been thriving. The other day Mandy threw up and then was a bit lazy. He perked up in no time so I hadn't thought much more about it. This evening, however, he has thrown up about 6 times and is just sleeping. Nimbus is fine so I am truly baffled as to what might be wrong. I honestly don't know how he has been eating and drinking today because he was fine earlier. I do know he will not run to us when we shake the treat bag and he has no interest in wet food that he was crazy over yesterday. The first time he threw up, it was digested food. Now it is just foamy (like spit) and watery. I tried to forcefeed some water to him and he wouldn't drink. I got a few drops in him, but then he threw up some more. I know when a kitten is lerhargic it is not good. Any ideas from anyone as to what might be wrong?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
is it possible he swallowed something? maybe a string? do you have any house plants?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lotus nightowl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It is very possible. I can't watch them all the time. I do not have any house plants. Aby poaaible ideas greatly appreciated

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's impossible to say because kittens are curious and will eat things they shouldn't. How old are they? Are you using non-clumping litter? What are you feeding them?

If the vomiting/inappetance continues, a vet visit is in order. Depending on how young they are, kittens don't have much reserve and can go downhill quickly.