Sick Ragdoll

furbabylove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am relatively new myself and she requires so advice, Please someone help.. This was posted to just me and unfortunately I am not very helpful in that regard.. I hope I am doing this right?
This is her message..

I'm new to this site and am desperate for some advice. My beautiful ragdoll (10 years) had a messy vomit a few hour ago. It was smelly and mainly watery but with a small furball. He was drooling down his front, sneezing and very watery eyes. He seemed to recover soon after and had a big drink of water and ate some food. He has since become very lethargic and quietly meows when I touch him. He is curled in a ball and walks very slowly. The only thing that changed today was I gave him about 10 pieces of kibble of a different variety (but the same brand he's eaten in the past). He was fine up until a few hours ago. I want to take him to an emergency clinic but he HATES the vet and it will stress him. What should I do?? I'm trying to remain calm, but having a challenging time. Help!

Dayna304

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for your input. My beautiful ragdoll is improving- thankfully! His appetite is strong (consuming both wet food and his water) and he has regular pee and bowel movements. His energy levels are starting to return. I contacted my vet and she recommended I continue to closely monitor him. Unfortunately, even heavy doses of sedation don't work on my cat. He has to be under full anesthesia which is very hard on a cat. Thank you for your concern. I'll keep posting...

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
BEST...NEWS...EVER! I am thrilled that he is recovering and getting back to normal. Dayna304 Dayna304 , did you introduce yourself and your pretty baby in "New Cats on the Block"? If not, be sure to do so. We're so happy to have the two of you here!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
What a relief to read your cat is much improved Dayna304 Dayna304 , it is worrying when any cat seems unwell but when they have fear of vets to the extent they need full sedation it is awful: I used to have a cat like this too and most vet assessments had to be by phone. Lots of vibes that your Ragdoll is now well on the road to being their usual health self. Keep us posted.