Sick Older Cat Is Now Breathing Hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjcarst

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am glad that you have had a good past month and a half with Niko. But sad to hear the end is near.

Please check to see if your vet can do in-home euthanasia if Niko does seem to begin suffering.

My heart goes out to you both.

dianasisseysue

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Jamie,

I just read your heart warming story about Ernie, this is my 1st time ever writing on any kind of website but thank you for sharing.

I have a female SisseySue she is 20yrs old, I've had her about 16 of those yrs. I love her so much never had children & she has always been there for me. Sissey is failing fast now with issues in the past she was diagnosed with a kidney stone in her urethra approx. 7 yrs ago, something that couldn't be controlled since the area it is lodged in PER her Dr. Last yr I had to start her on IV's 2 to 3 times a wk & now it's everyday (fluids) I have had her back on numerous occasions back to the vet's & also a trip to the ER on a wkend.  Sissey has a heart murmor also. I was told by her Dr. that I have done everything & have exhausted everything at this point & that all I can do now is keep her comfortable which I have accepted. Her Dr also stated to me in her opinion she isn't in any pain as long as she is still wanting to eat & she is still drinking, she has good days along with bad.  Now I have noticed the breathing at times is really strange & I no it's not normal it comes & goes I notice it when I'm being initiative with her it's actually scary, I've never had to put a animal down & I'm prepared to have it arranged when the time comes. After reading your article I'm beginning to wonder if Sissey could have this condition you spoke about & that this may not just be a kidney thing. The Dr is telling me that her kidney's are shutting down. Like most of us I've put my trust in this Dr. & she has always been Sissey Dr. but sometimes I thk she is more for dog's since she raises champion's, It's a little to late now if I decided to get another opinion but I think I will bring this condition that your Ernie had & see if this could be the problem as well! Thank you so much for sharing & my heart goes out to you for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.