Sick kitty

kaylalani

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i got home from work this morning and my cat had peed twice outside the litter box and looks to have had diarrhea in the litter box. Her and my other cat share food so it's hard to say if her appetite is decreased. I just don't know when to call the vet. She has had small diet changes but has been fine for the last few weeks and i take the litter box out every day. Help!

dandila

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It is a tough call to know when to get to the vet but any abnormal behavior needs to be monitored closely.  Can you isolate your sick animal in a bathroom or bedroom?  This way you will know important things like how much they are drinking, eating, peeing, and pooping?  Can you take the cat's temperature?  If mine are running a fever, I'm running to the vet.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You also can just call the vet and ask what signs to look for so you would know when to bring her in.  If the diarrhea persists you will want to get her to the vet.  Isolating her would be a good idea.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaylalani

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! I isolated them, but the diharrea stopped. So maybe she got into something and now it's passed. Thanks for the suggestions