Sick kitty

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is he burping?  I have a kitty who does that after every meal.  It's weird!

rhonda watts

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have the same problem, but I also have a worse problem. I cannot afford to take my Masker to the vet. I am trying all that yall have posted. Is there any meds I can give him to help. He is male, 13 yrs old, was about 9 pounds, now he is around 6 pounds. I am going to try to post pics of him. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How long has Masker been sick? 3 pounds is a lot of weight lost. Does he always stick his tongue out like that?

I really think he needs a vet visit. Maybe your vet will accept a payment plan? There's also Care Credit if you qualify.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaisersmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is he burping?  I have a kitty who does that after every meal.  It's weird!
I don't know... I'm wondering if that sore on his tongue was bothering him... He's been doing it less and less each day, so I think it may have been related... He's back to his crazy playing and goofing off.. I was so scared after my black cat died of sudden feline death. OMG I love my cats and I was crushed. It was awful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaisersmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have the same problem, but I also have a worse problem. I cannot afford to take my Masker to the vet. I am trying all that yall have posted. Is there any meds I can give him to help. He is male, 13 yrs old, was about 9 pounds, now he is around 6 pounds. I am going to try to post pics of him. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

He looks really bad... Worse than Kaiser was... Is he an inside or outside kitty? His symptoms/photos look like my cat Samantha (got her when I was 16, she died when I was 29). Sam got out once and got into fights (she was declawed and STRICTLY inside) and the vet wasn't sure if she maybe ate something poisonous like a frog or got into chemicals. We searched for days and on the last day of looking, my husband found her!! She needed IV fluids and antibiotics and a night or two in the hospital. I really would ask the vet for help. Maybe they will know of a place like PAWS or ASPCA that could help you with medical costs?

Let us know how he's doing.