Sick Kitten With A Low Temp

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:banana1::yess::woohoo::happycat::clapcat:
Thank you for the very wonderful update! I have been on my knees praying & checking for alerts :agree:
Percy looks great! Kudos on doing such a great job. I am looking forward to Thursday's update :rock:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyanimalperson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Percy had a great appointment! He went from 12oz to just over a pound, and the perfect temp. The vet was pleasantly surprised that he is so healthy and energetic. Percy is all about the attitude and playing. :) He got another dose of wormer today, and in a few weeks when we start his vaccines he'll get an extra round. In 2 weeks he will get tested for FIV and feline leukemia, and we plan on waiting until he is about five months old before he gets neutered because of everything he's gone through and how small he is. But overall he had a great appointment and everyone there was excited to see a healthy playful kitten after his tough time last week.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Kittens can test false positive in snap tests when they are under 6 months due to immunities received from their mothers. You may want to wait on the tests.

He is so cute! :)

crazyanimalperson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Percy still has loose stool so I took a sample in today and it turns out he has coccidia. I'm not really surprised so he is on another antibiotic and treatment. Besides that though he is an energetic little guy. I have never had such a playful kitten.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:yess: Thank you for continuing to provide updates! I am relieved to know that there was a treatable answer - now Percy is truly on the road to recovery :cheerleader:

crazyanimalperson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Percy had a great appointment today! In the last two weeks, he has almost doubled his weight and is now just shy of 2 lbs. He also tested negative for fiv and feline leukemia! We'll test again later but I feel comfortable to start intruding him to everyone. We may still have a coccidia issue so he does not have free range but we are going to test him again this weekend. He got mad at the air vent at the vet's office and tried to be a Halloween cat :D

crazyanimalperson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry it's been so long since my last update. Percy just had his second round of shots and now weighs 3 pounds! He is a happy little stinker who never stops playing. I keep him in his room when I'm not home because he is fearless and likes to get stuck in random places. He is also losing his fever coat and slowly turning black. it's hard to believe how sick he was now that he is a ball of energy. 20180812_164642.jpg 20180812_131154.jpg 20180812_163750.jpg

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:heartshape::clap::clap::clap: Such wonderful news and very adorable pictures :loveeyes::loveeyes::loveeyes:
Percy is really one tough little dude! I love that he has bonded with siblings. He has such round eyes, too. He would be able to wrap me around the end of his whisker!!:lol: Thank you for the update!