Sick Kitten Misses Her Siblings!

stellaarmani

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! Recently 1 of my 3 little fur babies got sick with a viral infection so I separated her from her siblings (they're not littermates), she has been on antibiotics for 3 days and has had no symptoms at all for 2 days, she's playing, eating, and pooping well but she really really misses playing with her siblings and is constantly meowing at the door for them. How long should I wait until I allow them to all be together without her passing on her illness? Thank you!

desert82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Welcome I'm sorry nobody has replied yet. I am not really experienced in this type of thing and don't know how long this kind of thing takes but I would say a few days on the antibiotics then shouldn't be contagious anymore but you may want to call the vet just to be safe and see what they say. Today is day 4 so I'm assuming it should be ok now. Hopefully someone else with some more knowledge will be along.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree best to ask the vet. He knows the diagnose and the antbiotics given. A guess it could be ok now - IF kitten strong enough

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It should be fine after 3 days of antibiotics to return her to her playmates! :)

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, usually three days on the antibiotics as long as she is not presenting with severe symptoms!