Sick cats...VET not helping...need advice!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by terryd300

Some of the other things I can think of that may have affected them is I just got a swifter wet jet a few weeks ago and wonder if that might have something to do with it.
well, maybe, since it's new - but i use one & haven't had any of the issues you're describing...

shashagirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Captain was hacking like you described after Christmas and did it a few times afterwards. Smokey started hacking a couple of times, too. We had pipes leaking around Thanksgiving and it caused alot of dust when the plumbers knocked down walls to repair the pipes and then the rains make mold around the windows. We vaccumed and cleaned the mold with bleach and it helped. I notice Captain hacking after it rains. Captain and Smokey's appitite and behavior was normal and the hacking last about 10 seconds so we haven't taken them to the vet. We had an appointment the first time I saw Captain hacking but then he stopped for a few weeks so we didn't go. We think the hacking is from dust and mold because when we keep things clean the cats seem fine.