sick cat Problem......

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Judith, as you know I went through a very similar situation. I am very sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

RIP Gorby

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

judith

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you booktigger, libby, yosemite.

I do feel I made the right decision.. I just keep pictureing him on the table looking at me.. I can't get over how quick it was.. I can't get that picture out of my head. And, I keep looking in the bedroom everytime I pass by the room he slept in. Like he is going to be there.

It so hard to think of him not here aqnymore... I know it will get better...

Thank you all so much for your kind words..

Judith

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Judith, when you feel up to it, you should write a tribute to Gorby in the crossing the bridge forum.

judith

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Judith, as you know I went through a very similar situation. I am very sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

RIP Gorby
Thanks Abbysmom...
I know you had a similiar situation... It was soooooooo hard to finally make that decision.. I kept thinking if he looked sicker or acted sicker it would have been easier but that would have been selfish.
I just kept thinking maybe he had another month or two.. But then I would not want him living like that for another month or two.
Thanks for all your support.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Judith,

I read this entire thread knowing exactly what you went through because today at 4 I am taking my girl age 16 to be euthanized. I can't bear to do it, but her quality of life is not good, and I have to stop trying to convince myself that because she drinks some tuna water, she is getting better. I cannot bear to let her waste away the way I did with my other old cat 2 years ago. She was like a limp doll by the time I took her. Mozel is not that far gone, but I will not do that to her.

My thoughts a payers to you and Gordy.

judith

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

Hi Judith,

I read this entire thread knowing exactly what you went through because today at 4 I am taking my girl age 16 to be euthanized. I can't bear to do it, but her quality of life is not good, and I have to stop trying to convince myself that because she drinks some tuna water, she is getting better. I cannot bear to let her waste away the way I did with my other old cat 2 years ago. She was like a limp doll by the time I took her. Mozel is not that far gone, but I will not do that to her.

My thoughts a payers to you and Gordy.
Oh gailvscats!

My heart is breaking for you....Their is nothing that anyone can say to make you feel better....I had so much wonderful advice from so many people and it still is a heart breaking decision to make...Looking back, I wish I had done it a week sooner...It IS the right choice to take her now.

I will be thinking about you & Mozel today...